Moving Company rant!!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Grrr.... Not impressed with my moving company right now.

We had a date booked for them to come pick up our stuff a few days before we moved into my new place, which was fine. We could cope.

But now they want to pick up our stuff almost 2 weeks before we move into our new place!! Which I find rediculous. I would understand if we were moving across the country, but we are only moving 5 1/2hrs away.

Which means that Tyler and I will not have a bed, so we will be sleeping on the floor for 2 weeks. We would have to actually take alot of stuff with us in our own vehicle when we move. Like 2 weeks worth of clothing. All the dog stuff like kennels, and food, Tylers books and binders because he will still be in exams, all my hair stuff and face stuff and other stuff, just every day stuff that you need ect ect that takes up alot of room, and we still have to some how fit our dogs in the vehicle as well.

We will only have 1 vehicle between the both of us because they are hauling our 2 other cars. Which wont work because Tyler has exams, we dont live together right now and Im off work so I planned on doing lots of last minute running around, which Im sure will be happenning ALOT!!

Im hoping they get this all straightened out because I don't find this acceptable. Grrr..

Anyways if you read this you get a cooking and a half, with milk.

Oh, and tell me your moving stories, good or bad.

The guys that moved us were awesome. It was like a show as well as them packing our crap. They were a ton of fun and efficient. They moved us 10 hrs and everything arrived safe and sound. The unloading guys weren't as fun, but what can you do about that?

We had a different company move our cars.

The cars were gone....Friday to Wednesday. The stuff was Thurs/Fri to Fri. We slept on an air mattress for several days and used the boxes the mattress & pillows came in to set the computer while we stole internet from the neighbor. Good times.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
when I moved from home, me and my parents rented a truck and moved everything ourselves BUT I only moved 15 minutes away and only had a third of what I have now. I'll definitely be watching this thread because the next time I move I'll have to probably hire someone...

Doberluv

Just tell them that won't work for you. If they can't accommodate you, don't hire them. You're the one who is paying them, not the other way around.

I used Allied Van Lines. They were stupendous. They moved my stuff from Idaho to here and packed it all up only a day or two ahead of my leaving. So, I only remember sleeping on the floor on a camping type mattress for just one night...I think it was. Very, very polite, reliable and reasonable. Not one thing was lost or broken. I'd use them again for sure.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Just tell them that won't work for you. If they can't accommodate you, don't hire them. You're the one who is paying them, not the other way around.

I used Allied Van Lines. They were stupendous. They moved my stuff from Idaho to here and packed it all up only a day or two ahead of my leaving. So, I only remember sleeping on the floor on a camping type mattress for just one night...I think it was. Very, very polite, reliable and reasonable. Not one thing was lost or broken. I'd use them again for sure.
Ha ha funny thing is that is who we are using. Its the company that Tyler is working for that has hired the company and whats not, we actually don't have to pay for anything. So if somthing does not get worked out than we will be going to Tylers bosses and getting them to do somthing.

Doberluv

LOL. How funny. What a coincidence. I am surprised.

Well...........maybe it's not the company but the fact that the guy who did the estimating for me, I slept with once. ROFLOL! :rofl1: Well....not exactly. See... I sang karaoke with him, knew him quite well...his son too.

Everyone at this place knew everyone...one of those small town places back in Idaho. Well, this was actually just over the border in Wa. Anyhow....that doesn't make any difference to the story. :p

So, I stayed all night at his house which was close to the karaoke place when I didn't want to drive all the way back to Priest Lake as I had a couple drinks...not drunk, but you know how you can still get in trouble. This was an hour drive and it was like 1 or 2 in the a.m. But it was all on the up and up, trust me. LOL.

So, maybe all that had something to do with their excellent service.:)

Members online