Working Labradors (and a question)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My best friend is looking for a good lab. She's located in central Texas so anything in Texas would be great. She wants a hunting dog and the only decent links I can find are show type breeders. She's never bought a dog before, just had shelter dogs so this is a new experience for her. I sent her links to the AKC breed club and the local retriever club. They live on a small farm with some cows and a rescued retriever cross. She hunts a lot with her family so it sounds like the life for a lab to me. ;)

Also, does anyone know much about the Swans in Sanger, Texas? I am trying to learn more about our old dog, Pete and he was from them. I can't find a site but the only thing I can find is this:

Welcome to Working Retriever Central! The World Wide Website for Working Retrievers!

We had him in the 80s so it's been a while. I know a couple people have field dogs here so I'm curious if anyone knows anything.

Last edited:

lizzybeth727

I have a friend who hunts with his labs, and he fosters dogs for a lab rescue. He often gets young labs that he thinks would be good hunting dogs, and tries to find hunters to place them with. I understand if she wants a dog from a breeder, but if she is interested in adopting, I can PM you his information.

Members online

No members online now.