Once More, with Feeling! New Spaytag

Any female dog is vulnerable to theft by scumbags who troll around looking for breeding dogs, and APBTs are especially vulnerable. Since it's impossible to tell at a glance if a female is spayed most of the time this seemed like a good idea.

Front:

Back:

I made this first one to go on Tallulah's Ella's Lead Vintage collar :) It has a lotus in the Art Deco/Nouveau style. The lotus grows through the bog, sending a tough, resilient stem up through the murk and slime and gifts anyone who looks with its radiant beauty. Kind of like an APBT in today's world of BSL, lies and prejudice against the breed.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Beautiful!!!
But where is your phone number? :D

I love it! I cannot wait to see your inlay tags and get one for Ophie and Luke with just their names on the front. :D And some kind of cool design on it. Small, though. Nothing big, but I want it thicker.

Are you writing this down!?!?!?!?!
hehehehehehe. Really, I love the spayed tag! The symbolism is fantastic!

That one's not for ID, just to let anyone know that she IS spayed ;) I've got a matching inlayed tag in the firing que that has her name and my info on the back. It's got to wait for a copper and a pearl steel firing first though.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
It's a great idea, but for the idiots out there shouldn't it be spade? ;) If she's ever lost you might also have to look for people listing a found dog named Spayed lol.

It is a pretty snazzy tag for sure, though!

OH! You've given me an idea for another design for them . . . in the shape of a shovel. :rofl1:

She'll have a coordinating tag with her name on it ;)

Of course, on most tags I can probably fit "spayed" on the back with the other info. I like the idea that she'll jingle a little though. She's hard to find in the dark.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
The lotus grows through the bog, sending a tough, resilient stem up through the murk and slime and gifts anyone who looks with its radiant beauty.
Oh, that would be so perfect for Miss Morgan today, considering she spent much of this morning playing in the murk and slime of my dried up pond. :rolleyes: However, the radiant beauty of Morgan was masked by the mud she was covered in.

Very cool. Just make the tag the shape of a playing card spade (like you mentioned). It HAS been done, but not very often. Plus, simple shapes can't be copyrighted. **** the luck. ;)

Ben, you're a BAD man, lol.

I was thinking, too, that there are 13 different spades to choose from in a deck of cards, although the face cards would be pretty freaking challenging :eek:

No, no, no, no, NO!

She has too much of that already.

A kick in the ass is what she needs.
I would say let Kharma give her a few deportment lessons (Kharma is really big on manners -- for other dogs) . . . but Kharma would probably teach her some things you'd just as soon she didn't have any help learning :rofl1:

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I would say let Kharma give her a few deportment lessons (Kharma is really big on manners -- for other dogs) . . . but Kharma would probably teach her some things you'd just as soon she didn't have any help learning :rofl1:
:eek:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to see what happened when Morgan took offense at Kharma's teachings. ;) Morgan can be quite the alpha. Besides, her manners are fine.

It's her deafness we have issues with.

And her brilliant idea to go play in the mud pit of a dried up pond while playing deaf and heading toward the road, and when she finally did come back to me, her perplexing decision to not step over the branches on the ground at the one easy clear spot out of the pond and instead tried to find a way back across the pond - with some difficulty navigating around the small streams that run through there, and finally getting herself back home and not understanding that I didn't want her mud covered body on my couch.

I've got a set of copper tags waiting for finishing tonight.

And SOMEPLACE I've lost a brand new $30 container of jeweler's wax I need for the final finish . . . I have a sneaky suspicion it got "borrowed" and SOMEONE doesn't want to own up to it. That's usually the case. :wall:

Members online

No members online now.