Am I missing something?

Angelique

I try to watch Victoria Stilwell's show as much as I can, but can't remember seeing much clicker training being demonstrated. :confused:

Are there any episode links where she uses this exclusively which I can watch?

Doberluv

You could check on line I suppose. My dial up is so annoying that I hardly ever can watch videos. They take forever to load up. I've seen a couple of episodes where she put a clicker to use, but she doesn't use them for everything. Of course, lots of trainers don't, myself included. They are lots of fun though and so effective. It is true, as someone said in another thread (can't remember where or who) but dogs that are trained this way, without force of any kind, without avoidance in their repertoire, strive harder than ever to make you click. They offer up behaviors, trying so hard to get you to click....kind of pathetic when you think about it. LOL. But seriously, they're not afraid to try things and they also learn to train their owner because we learn the same way. We both get reinforced for things we like and repeat them. It's a real partnership thing going on.

But for a really good explanation of clicker training nuts and bolts and for the concepts involved, I can't think of anything better than Karen Pryor's Don't Shoot the Dog. She has videos you can buy and probably some kind of online thing video too, I would guess.

Angelique

LOL, I understand clicker training well enough and do refer to Karen's site when I need clarification. :)

I remember seeing a lot of it going on with the dogs when watching the UK show "Barking Mad", although the horse trainer was the best part of that show for me.

I like Victoria's show better, but just suddenly realised I hadn't seen any clicker training on her show.

Maxy24

She does not really use clicker training, I can remember her using it once for Tio I believe (Lab or lab mix) to get him to stay out of the kitchen while someone was cooking.

I think some of these are great, I have not seen them all though, I love the one with tucker getting his nails clipped and the one with the horse afraid to go in the room. http://clickertraining.tv/subject.html?cat=free

Members online

No members online now.