Vader (lots of pics)

busannie

In April of '09 I was at work and received a call from a man who had found a deceased cat in his shed with 3 living kittens. He said they were walking around, alert, meowing, etc. When he arrived with them shortly thereafter, they were 2 weeks or so old, not moving, labored breathing, and maggots all over them. Talk about not what we were expecting, nor prepared for. No one else could take kittens home, so I ended up carting them home with me, after talking my mom into sharing their care. The general consensus was that they would probably die before the next day, but that they deserved a chance. Lo and behold, all 3 made it- One LH grey, one LH black, and one SH black, all females. A family friend's son had just gotten married and gotten a house, and they wanted 2 kittens- awesome! They chose the two black kittens, leaving only the grey kitten to place. Then, the LH black kitten (always the smallest) started having health issues. They were concerned that with their full time work and school schedule, they wouldn't be able to coordinate her medications and monitor her sufficiently, so they chose to take the grey kitten instead. That left me with the sickly runt, and I was afraid that if her issues never resolved (constipation, repeatedly), or got worse, she would be difficult and expensive to care for in the long term, so I ended up keeping her. Funnily enough, I was able to wean her off her meds at around 6 months old, and she's been fine since. Guess I really can't complain, and she's so sweet, I'm glad she convinced me to hang onto her! We had given each kitten a name when we had the whole litter, and she was "Vader" because she looked like she was wearing a Darth Vader helmet- it's a pretty strange name, but I couldn't see changing it, so she's still Vader, also known as "Vee".

Vader's litter
First night

Week or so later

6-7ish weeks, I think

And 8-9 weeks
Charmin

Luna

And Vader

Aug '09

with This Cat

busannie

Oct '09

Dec '09

What happens to cats who don't have the sense to bite their tormentors

Jan '10

Barb04

Super Moderator
What a beautiful cat. I like reading your story before the pics.

Members online

No members online now.