Plane Tickets

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Where do you get cheap plane tickets? I want to fly to Houston Texas to see my family (my uncle just died and my cousins are a wreck). But I can't find tickets cheaper than $282 (orbitz). Anyone know of a good place to find cheaper tickets? Or a promo code for a discount?

milos_mommy

$282 is a pretty cheap flight, I'm assuming that's round-trip? I almost always find cheaper flights through the airlines actual site, rather than websites like Expedia, Travelocity, orbbitz, etc.

Oh, and you'll find cheaper tickets the more flexible your travel dates and times are, flying red-eye, and (usually) booking last-minute

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Plane tickets aren't cheap, $282 sounds really reasonable to me. If I want to fly to Toronto (about 450km away) it's usually around that price round-trip.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Last time I checked I could get tickets to Chicago for like $80-$90 so I guess that's just kind of what I was expecting (I actually figured maybe $150). I just don't have 300 bucks right now and was hoping for something cheaper.

Thanks though!! I will do some research on the red-eye and last minute thing. Cause I don't really care when I leave or get there.

ETA: also, everything else besides orbitz that I looked at was closer to $400, including southwest's site

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Last time I checked I could get tickets to Chicago for like $80-$90 so I guess that's just kind of what I was expecting (I actually figured maybe $150). I just don't have 300 bucks right now and was hoping for something cheaper.

Thanks though!! I will do some research on the red-eye and last minute thing. Cause I don't really care when I leave or get there.

ETA: also, everything else besides orbitz that I looked at was closer to $400, including southwest's site
If it was $80-90, I'm sure that was without taxes. Which would still bring the tickets to nearly $200.

I've always had better luck going directly to each airline's website. Sometimes buying two one way tickets is cheaper, especially if you are willing to fly two different airlines, but sometimes not.

The other thing I'll do is check every single day. Often, there will be a sudden drop in the price at some point and then I snap them up. BUT, you run the risk that there will be a sudden increase as well.

The days of $80-90 tickets are gone, sadly. I remember those days. *wistful*

Saeleofu

Google Flights! (flights.google.com)

It searches ALL airlines. It lets you have multiple cities on each end. It will even suggest better days to fly. It's made of awesome. Once you find a flight there, then go to the airline's website to purchase.

And on Google Flights, you get the price for round-trip including fees. None of this one-way and then another one-way and then fees thing. It tells you the whole price from the start.

Members online

No members online now.