Greenies, have your heard of them??

otisinwf

I finally bought some the other day and I didn't really think the dogs would like them but they did. I want to get more for Muchaca because she really liked it, but I dont know anything about them. They are just green and shaped like toothbrushes. What do you guy think about them?

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
they are great even more so since yorkies teeth tend to rot quickly greenies are great for teeth and they love them and love to chew on them my dogs get it all the time

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Never heard of them! I assume they are something to do with teeth! lol

Saje

Island dweller
My dogs like them. I don't buy them that often as they are quite expensive and usually gone in 20 minutes. :rolleyes:

But from what I've heard they are supposed to be one of the best products for cleaning teeth. Course, could just be the company saying that but I have had them recommended to me by quite a few people. :)

candy722

TOki likes them but I don't give it to him just because he will only eat that and skip his breakfast and dinner. hehe

Barb04

Super Moderator
Saje, I agree with you. I bought them once and before I knew it, they were gone! They're just too expensive for the small amount of time it takes my 2 to eat them up.

Mine spit them out and look at me with the strangest expressions, lol. One of the guys at the Farmer's Co-op gave one to Kharma (after asking permission). She was so polite. She gave it to me to look at first, then when I gave it back to her she hung onto it until we got to the car, where she promptly spit it out! :rolleyes:

candy722

Yeah i think toki is too old for greenies. He prefers rawhide instead of greenies.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
My puppy LOVES greenies! I give him one a day (although yes it is expensive I do it for now bcause his teeth have such horrible tartar and stuff). I usually give him his meal for the day in the morning and then give him a greenie in the afternoon as a snack. He will sit down and eat the greenie in like ten fifteen minutes.

My dogs LOVE Greenies (exept my Chihuahua) they only problem is they cost alot! But we buy them everytime we goto Petco. We have 48 in our cabinet right now. My dogs go crazy over them and they are great for teeth and breath.

They aren't much for nutritional value, but neither's rawhide. My dogs' teeth are cleaned pretty thoroughly by their regular diet. We get "bully sticks" around here for special treats. Healthier than rawhide, and they tend to last longer, too.

Greenies are OK treats, some dogs like them, some dogs don't. Lennon used to love them, then for some reason he does not care for them any more. :confused:

However, there are some words of caution when using those. Given their hard nature, it's better to keep an eye on your doggie while you feed them one of these. On the OES forum I also post, we've had our share of nasty experiences with them. One of the dogs did not chew it, but swalloed it and ended up with an intestinal blockage :eek:

There's a very graphic account of the procedure here . (VERY GRAPHIC!)

I'm not trying to bash greenies, I used to love watch my dog chew on them since he's been little and I've never had negative experiences with them, just keep an eye on your dogs while they enjoy their treat.

I'll take extra caution now. i usually wacth my dogs like a hawk while eating treats. My dogs love them! I've got two small doggies who eat them in a minute. I agree, they are expensive. I once got greenie bits which are little bite size peices. They are less expensive. I used them to train my pup.

Beaglegal

Greenies are supposed to be some sort of alternative for regular dental brushing...for the tartar and bad breath...agree that they are quite expensive...but for my girl, its worth it...and she loves chewing them...she will go crazy when she smells it...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My dog use to LOVE greenies, but a few months ago he just started hating them. I think if they came in something other that mint flavor he would like them better, but oh well. We will just have to stick to a toothbrush and doggie toothpaste. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.