News on choosing a breeder/ line

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Hi everybody!

I know I only posted once like a month ago, but I have some updates and thought maybe you'd be interested to hear them.

I finally chose a kennel to get my future agility/show pup from. The kennel is Rexann samoyeds, and here is their web address:

Rexann Samoyeds

They're really a great kennel, and I can't tell you how lucky I am that I am on a waiting list for a breeding that will occur this coming winter.

Here is the mom, Ch. Crosmar-RexannEmerald Isle Danika, NJP:

(as of now, no stud has been chosen)

This is "Dani" at the 2006 National Specialty at 9 months of age. She took first in her class.

This is Dani and her siblings and her famous dad, Ringo:

Here is a picture of Dani and her mom. Dani is the one on the left. Her mom is on the outside of the picture:

Dani's owner has also gotten her into agility and weight pulling. It makes me happy to see someone who does so much with their dogs.

Here is another close relative of Dani's: Rexann-Crosmar White Angel Forest_ samoyède

The site is in French. I can get the gist of it, but all you need to know is that Forest is Dani's brother.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pictures. I know that Dani's now adorning my wall paper at work. I can't wait until we bring the little guy home.

The BF wants to name him Vito. Anyone else a Godfather fan? :rofl1:

Looks like you did your homework! Congrats on being on the waiting list. :) Really lovely, sturdy looking little dogs, and I love that you've chosen something different for agility than the usual suspects.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Thanks, guys!

Yeah, sammies are pretty sturdy dogs! I'm a sucker for spitzes.

Your dogs are gorgeous, too!!

Filas are beautiful, if that's what is in your signature Renee750il! I don't know much about mastiff breeds. I'd like to learn more, though!

wcladymcbeth- your pooch is such a cutie!!! I love that smile. What a character!

Good work on all the research! I'm looking to seeing another samoyed on the forums finally.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
I know! We're few and far between! Nice to meet you, too!

Most people don't wanna deal with "angel hairs" flying around the house during coat blows, lots and lots and lots of physical exercise and mental stimulation, and that "Oh...you're talking to me? But, I don't feel like sitting down right now! LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" mentality. :rofl1:

I tell you though, there's nothing for me like a sammy smile and snuggles. (IMHO, of course)

:D

So, are you on Samfans list? It's such a cool list serv. I've learned SO MUCH about the breed, and gotten a chance to contact very knowledgable breeders.

You'll have to post some pics of your sam. Can't wait to see 'em. :)

Nope, I'm not actively on any lists or forums other than this one. Would you PM me the address to it?

"My" samoyed actually belongs to my roommate, but we pretty much share the dogs so what's hers is mine and vice versa. His name is Zero.

Can't wait for you to get yours! They are pretty fantastic dogs. I think Zero missed the memo telling him to be stubborn; this dog is very eager to please! Guess I lucked out there. :D

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Oh wow...he's beautiful! *drools*

Every time I see a sammy, they just take my breath away. It looks like you all live in the cold, huh?

I live in Central Ohio, and it's cold here for probably 7 months out of the year, and we get a good amount of snow from the end of October until March, but it looks like you all live in a cold place.

I'm glad that Zero is a good boy! Most of the sams I've met are very mischevious, but very quick learners.

And I agree. They're great dogs. They're really not a whole lot like the huskies or malmutes Ive met, though people seem to think that they are. Temperment wise, they're much more people oriented.

But, that's just my experience. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures, and thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

I know you have to have a thick skin to show and do agility. Maybe I'll try the UKC instead of the AKC this time. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.