The Merlin thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thanks guys! and PM, I didn't even see that/get notifications lol continue to facebook from the phone!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I really didn't expect to love shaping with Merlin as much as I do lol it's so much fun! He is already standing with both his feet on top of a book, with only two sessions
I also shaped his down, which he is getting so much faster with! lol even starting to lower his front instead of sitting and SLIDING his butt back :rofl1:

So far we have
- Sit
- Down
- Touch (nose touch objects)
- Release cue
- Leave it in hand (Ignore treats in my hand/no mugging the treat bag)

and we are working on his standing on a book :)

next in line is mat work!

Love this little guy

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Puppies are so much fun! I want another 5!!!!

I'm sooooooo looking forward to starting some classes with Fred. Will you see a trainer for the SD work?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Puppies are so much fun! I want another 5!!!!

I'm sooooooo looking forward to starting some classes with Fred. Will you see a trainer for the SD work?
Aren't they fun!? lol

We already have begun private sessions/training class. But at this stage, it's very basic and HEAVILY HEAVILY HEAVILY focussed on socialization. So it's a lot of just..trips. Markets, malls, stores, trains, farms, schools etc.. basically anywhere we can get permission to bring him lol we even got a chance to go to the science museum :D
It's also much more luring/basic manners. So he has his basics of sit, down, stand with a lure/hand signal and he works everyday on just, manners (no jumping on people, walking by my side etc..)

All his shaping work is just me because he seems to enjoy it :) there is a lot more wiggle room and sillyness with me shaping than his cut/dry "classes"..so it's a great supplement/fun thing.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Aren't they fun!? lol

We already have begun private sessions/training class. But at this stage, it's very basic and HEAVILY HEAVILY HEAVILY focussed on socialization. So it's a lot of just..trips. Markets, malls, stores, trains, farms, schools etc.. basically anywhere we can get permission to bring him lol we even got a chance to go to the science museum :D
It's also much more luring/basic manners. So he has his basics of sit, down, stand with a lure/hand signal and he works everyday on just, manners (no jumping on people, walking by my side etc..)

All his shaping work is just me because he seems to enjoy it :) there is a lot more wiggle room and sillyness with me shaping than his cut/dry "classes"..so it's a great supplement/fun thing.
Our work has almost exclusively been stuck on standing and trotting round in circles the last month or so!! He has all the basics down now, but I'm soon ready to learn more.

The shaping is great, but I sometimes get stuck on what to do next! Need to be more creative. Once tomorrow is out the way we will work on some more fun things... Need a check list!

Toller_08

That head tilt!! He is so adorable. And it sounds like you're having a lot of fun with him. That's so great that you get to take him to all those different kinds of places, too!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Practicing down stays at the park lol it's so hard!

His ears are comically large lol

Oddly enough the matter of that merle marking is of CRAZED debate lol my friends all think it looks like different things (man in a top hat, magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, mary poppins etc..etc.. lol)

Sharing with a new friend lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
"sharing" with a puggle lol

Mine?

Sleeping on the job. Typical.

Me?? AWKWARD? WHAT?

He LOVES the tiny humans

It's truly a hard life.

Riding the train

Merlin @ this adorable dog bakery!! He wanted everything!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Good lord he has gotten big!

Also I cant see the last 2 photos :(

ETA I can see them now. My phone was being stupid. And oh Lord... That is slightly saddening.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Look at those legs! He's so cute looking, he seems like such an awesome puppy. That shot of him at the bakery checking out the canisters is sooo adorable. His face is starting to look so much more adult!

Members online

No members online now.