Oh god. Help?

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't need the Minion to defend the Troll. Keep patting yourselves on the back, because nobody else will. Oh, and BTW, I feel sorry for the dogs you have. Your dog won't even come to you unless you yell TREAT....and even then he even has to think about it.
oH I wish you could reply :rofl1::rofl1:

I really hope this shows up when people search your business.

Thats why my dogs have agility and obedience titles right.. I am out there yelling TREAT TREAT... snort. Oh and how bout Dekka's film work? Oh I suppose I was out there yelling TREAT TREAT again :rofl1::rofl1: Cause that goes over well with directors.

You have to be trolling us, anyone in the dog training industry can't possibly be this stupid can they?

milos_mommy

Tiff, Doom might be trying to protect Winnie? I didn't read every post in this thread but don't think that was mentioned. I know a few dogs who were always fine until they had a baby in the family, and then became protective, either with other dogs or people, often inappropriately.

I'm not entirely sure what you would do about that, hopefully someone else can elaborate or knows more about guarding a new baby.

B

Backward_Cinderella

He used to guard when I was nursing, Milo. He'd sit in the door of the room I was in and not let anyone in. That's entirely possible.

Dekka

Just try me..
Hey here is his website if anyone wants to call him :p
Dog Training - Dog Trainer - Professional Phoenix Dog Training Phoenix Arizona Puppy Big Small Dogs Scottsdale Dog Trainer Dog Obedience Trainer Scottsdale Arizona

I hope people when googling tlc k9 academy will find this thread. Why use the term TLC when you are all about the punishing? When I think tender loving care I think of compassion, empathy and cooperation. Not YOU DO IT OR ELSE...

So yes if anyone is looking into having their dog trained and is considering tlc k9 academy I hope that this forum will show you that you can have a wonderfully trained pet, show dog, agility dog, SAR dog, film dog etc all with out having to resort to corporal punishment. And that the people trained at that facility may not be up to date with current scientific (and common observable behaviour) knowledge. As well as the fact that as far as I can tell (please make a new alias and correct me if I am wrong...) the 'president and CEO' of that company bills himself as an 'animal behaviourist' but has no credentials and is exactly the sort of trainer the American Society of Veterinary Behaviourists speak out against.

Last edited:
B

Backward_Cinderella

These idiots are in Arizona?
Because there aren't already enough misinformed idiot dog owners there.
Ugh.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
First of all Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!

Secondly, back to the OP. You have recently moved right? I had a dog that went from sweet as sugar to violently DA after a cross country move. I think it has something to do with not feeling secure. He also has Winnie to protect and dogs often become more protective of their female owners after they have given birth.

I third or fourth (whichever it is) a martingale. Yes, a cruel, hideous martingale that will not only NOT choke your dog but quite possibly save his life. :)

milos_mommy

You might want to get the help of some friends with strange dogs and just do exercise where you give Doom treats for allowing the dogs to walk past you and Winnie, teach "watch me" and get him to focus on you instead of locking on the other dog, etc.

Danefied

Phew!! *wipes forehead* Just got through this whole thread! Got kind of derailed there huh?

To the OP, I third, fourth, massively endorse a marti - LOVE 'em!! Sure, some do use them as a "milder" form of correction if that's how you want to train, but many people use them because they're simply more comfortable for the dog. I find with my guys they can sit looser on the neck, move about easier, and STILL won't slip off if you have a pencil-head ducking his head for a sniff. Limited slips are nice too, but I'm a total marti fan.

As for the reactivity, have you tried teaching some default behaviors? Like maybe a default attention? There are some fantastic exercises in McDevitt's "Control Unleashed" that work really well with reactive dogs too (its not just for performance dogs). Might want to check it out :)

Members online

No members online now.