This little owl flew!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Jumped out of a plane today! Raising money for the Alberta Birds of Prey Foundation! (Last minute idea!)

Here's some photos the photographer that jumped with me took on his helmet cam!

IMG_9378 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9379 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9380 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9386 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9388 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9393 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9395 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9402 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9406 by mandypug, on Flickr

IMG_9415 by mandypug, on Flickr

*More*

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Wow, that is so cool! That is something I wish I could do, but I can't even take fun rides at the fair or I'll have a panic attack. :rolleyes:
And your mom is wrong, that hoodie is completely awesome. ;)

Airn

That is just so amazing. Props to you for doing it, especially in the owl onesie. The person taking the pictures got some really great ones! I'm surprised. I thought it would be difficult taking pictures in mid-air. Maybe they just make it LOOK easy. ;)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
That is just so amazing. Props to you for doing it, especially in the owl onesie. The person taking the pictures got some really great ones! I'm surprised. I thought it would be difficult taking pictures in mid-air. Maybe they just make it LOOK easy. ;)
Basically he has a camera mounted on his helmet and then he has a little remote he puts in his mouth and he bites it to take a photo. He seemed pretty experienced at it for sure tho, it can't be easy!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Did you get a video too? If you did is love to see it!

But I do have some questions, when you dive strapped to an instructor, does he do everything for you? Like the pulling of the cord and whatnot? Is there. Course you have to take before you can jump? I am asking because maybe for my 40th birthday I will!

Assamiea

That's awesome! I love the picture where the guy is trying to hold your hood down. Looks like you had a blast!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Did you get a video too? If you did is love to see it!

But I do have some questions, when you dive strapped to an instructor, does he do everything for you? Like the pulling of the cord and whatnot? Is there. Course you have to take before you can jump? I am asking because maybe for my 40th birthday I will!
They took video but i didn't purchase it, i have 6 months to purchase it though.

When you dive he pulls the cord and all that. The training is about 5 minutes and they teach you how to thrust LOL. It's up to the instructor whether or not they'll let you take the handles to steer, mine let me and I steered for a bit.

You have to do courses before jumping solo, so tandem for a first jump is highly recommended so you can get a taste for it.

Members online

No members online now.