Hello

simonsays

This is my first forum. Please bear with me as I attempt to use it correctly ;)

I am a 35 year old woman and live in NW Iowa with my 16 year old daughter, my boyfriend, two male cats, a 3 year old female St. Bernard, Nana, and a nearly 2 year old female ACD/Pit Bull mix, Eva.

I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and Business Administration and work from home managing the books for a small local contractor. I volunteer several hours a week at my local animal shelter and have an extreme love for animals of all varieties.

I have had cats my whole life. Late last July, I lost my first cat of "my own". He spent his last seconds in my arms. I miss him dearly. Following his departure, I brought home another adult male cat from the shelter that I had bonded with during my time there, bringing my total back to two.

My first experience with dogs in my home began in December of 2011, when my boyfriend moved in with my daughter, my cats and I. He brought with him Eva. He'd obtained Eva from a friend whose "purebred" Pit Bull had "accidentally" bred an unaltered female they were dogsitting for. Eva is said to be 3/4 Pit Bull and 1/4 ACD. I quickly fell in love with Eva and had a deeper love for all things dogs.

In late September 2012, a female St. Bernard came into the shelter I volunteer with. A few weeks later, I made the decision to adopt her and she joined our family.

I'm not really sure what else to put in this introduction. Please know, however, that especially due to my inexperience with the canine world, any and all advice/suggestions and even criticism is eagerly anticipated. I am a sponge for knowledge and look forward to learning a great deal here.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome to Chaz. I look forward to seeing pics of your family.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I've got a few pics of her dogs. Well, more of Eva. Here she is with Stan...

Just Eva...

Sorry. I only have one of Nana.

I invited my friend here because I want her to be able to interact with people with training and behavior knowledge. I think she will really enjoy it here!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Welcome! The ACD mix looks quite similar to a friend of mine's... I tried to steal her when I moved to MI, but she wouldn't let me. It was very sad.

Look forward to hearing more about your crew!

Your dogs are gorgeous! I love Eva's ears, she looks like such a fun dog.

I hope you find the help you are looking for here!

Oh hey, call it a delayed reaction but just noticed you joined. Glad to see you and the girls here. Rolyx and Knarly say hi. :)

Members online

No members online now.