People with white paws.... err dogs with white paws I mean

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Bamm has 4 white paws... and I love them and hate them at the same time...

I love bright white paws on him... absolutely love...

I don't like that they now have a muddish/yellowish/pinkish tint to them from us going outside so much. I give him baths but that color STILL doesn't come out. I'm currently using Earth bath.

So... any tips on how to get the staining out of his white paws and bring back the bright white shine?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Dawn dish soap JUST on the paws, mixed 50-50 with vinegar. Let it sit a while, do a vinegar and water rinse, and then use shampoo as usual. It helped Emma. A trim also helps - if you get the longer hairs, which are stained the most, gone, he'll look much cleaner.

What causes that staining? Both Pit and Zero have white paws (well.. zero has white everything). Pit's paws are always white, but a couple of Zero's paws have the same staining you mention, yet they both do the exact same things as far as running in the mud.

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
When we lived on the mountain I had a bucket of water that had baking soda in it. It was great for removing that famous " Virginia clay". Dip their paws in the bucket and it gone .. If really bad I would shake baking soda on the paws then rinse in that bucket.

Romy

Taxiderpy
We use this stuff. It's a life saver for apartment living. It also is great for spot cleaning when Strider pees on his front leg.

bio groom waterless bath

You just give one or two sprays and work it in. Ta da! Bright whites!

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Uncle Fred and Mini wash their own. Maybe it's a hound thing. Uncle Fred detests having dirty feet, he is obsessed with keeping them clean and white. He washes our feet too, for that matter.

Maybe the degree of staining depends on the kind of hair. Straight, glossy hair may stain less than soft or curly hair.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Uncle Fred and Mini wash their own. Maybe it's a hound thing. Uncle Fred detests having dirty feet, he is obsessed with keeping them clean and white. He washes our feet too, for that matter.

Maybe the degree of staining depends on the kind of hair. Straight, glossy hair may stain less than soft or curly hair.
Brawt absolutely hates having dirty feet. Even after getting a bath he has to groom them again because in his opinion I didn't get them clean I got them dirty. He also loves giving our feet a nice cleanin' too.

He will also hold Kai and Nomi down and groom them if he thinks they need.

...so it must be a hound thing.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Cider's have a pinkish tint on her buff coat when she's been obsessively licking them. We don't have a yellow problem, but parti cocker people do. Usually it's a urine on coat issue. I know a dirty boy cream afghan who pees on his feet, or manages to stand in the puddle he's creating ;) Niiice.

My aunt likes Pure Paws for her Maltese. But I think Bio-Groom (the one Romy mentioned) is the same type of product. Both are waterless shampoos.

It's said the staining can come from saliva if the dog is a paw-licker. But that's not likely the culprit unless the dog also has stains around lighter-colored or white hair around their mouth. If just on paws it's probably from staining mud or lots of iron runoff from rainwater washing over high iron-content rocks.

She may look psycho, but at least her paws are snowy white!
She doesn't look psycho .... Ada looks adorable in that picture!! (And yes, nice snowy-white paws. :) )

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wow I didn't even notice that anyone had responded to this until now lol. Devan, I'm not sure what is causing the pink staining that his paws seem to have right now, but he does occasionally pee on his paws when he lifts his leg on a tree... mainly what's bothering me is why are his white paws turning peachy pink in color?

I'm going to try some of the suggestions mentioned. thanks so much guys.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Ares feet used to turn pink from him licking and chewing on them. Lately though they haven't been getting stained, which is more confusing. The vet thinks he's not licking (as in his allergies are better). I have to keep telling her that he is chewing, just for some reason his feet aren't turning pink.

One thing that I was thinking too, is if their drinking water is high in iron, you will have rust colored staining between the toes and on the bottoms of the feet. Dogs sweat from their feet and the high iron in the drinking water comes out when their feet sweat. I have a friend that shows Springers and she had this problem. She switched to bottled water and the problem went away.

Members online

No members online now.