Here I am.

I suppose I will stop being a dink for a hot minute then and talk about my dogs a little bit better (though most of you already know them. xD)

Every one is a rescue, save for Shambles. Smalls was my first I found at a dumpy county shelter. She had a prolapsed rectum that received no medical attention for a LONG time so it was gangrene and she lost a good chunk of her intestines in a surgery she wasn't supposed to survive. She just turned five and shows no signs of not being awesome for a long time.

Jack McCoy we know nothing about other than he was a cruelty pull and that's about all the details we were afforded. He was incredibly hand shy and would flee to a corner and urinate on himself if you carried any thing in his general direction- even something simple like a book. I don't think he was with us more than a month before he was totally confident and no longer afraid. He was a simple dog and I was surprised he sat a shelter for a year with no interest. It's not like Elkhounds fall from the sky.

Jonas is my neurotic baby. Puppy mill breeder dog, never socialized or used for any thing beyond breeding. He's been with me for three years now and he's light years beyond the dog he used to be. He has PRA and we're facing some new obstacles as his sight has declined noticeably in the last few months, but I love him and every day is a new day.

Magpie was a foster failure. Well, so was Sham, but I really never intended to keep her. I actually saw her face on a community and she looked horrible. The rough looking ones always get me, so I made a passing comment about how if she were near me I'd take her in a second. Sure enough, she was. Long story short, she had mange, a secondary skin infection, and was completely disconnected from life. She was adopted by someone who looked great on paper and interviewed well only to be dumped at AC. I was never notified and if I didn't search petfinder like I do every day I would have never found her and she would have likely been euth'd. She came back and I said "This dog has had enough." and here she stay. I'm forever grateful because like I've said, she's the best dog ever.

Shammy is a turd.

Elsa, my current foster, makes me weepy so I will also write briefly about her. She came to the shelter I work for as a pregnant stray, captured by animal control in a rural town. Her pups were born and adopted, and she languished in a kennel for four months- dismissed as a feral unhandle-able dog. I was told she was scheduled to be euthanized and even in VERY brief interactions I knew she could be something. I said I would foster her, but it came down to euth or adopt her. So I said fine, I will take her. The moment I loaded her up I knew she wasn't feral and so we begin our journey together. She was not altered, has no vaccinations that I'm aware of, and was heartworm positive. So far in my care she has been spayed, is finishing heartworm treatment as we speak, and in about two weeks we're getting vaccinated. She currently lives in an apartment attached to my house separated from my dogs during her recovery/rehab and I love her so much that the idea in that even a long while I have to give her up hurts my heart. She is totally comfortable with my boyfriend and me. She is definitely fearful, but I think only because she hasn't experienced ANY THING normal dogs do. I think she will be completely adoptable and am so glad I took her home every day.

Equinox

I have found my happy place.

Jare, Aija pictures are in order. Lots of them. ALL THE AIJA PICTURES.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
lol this is like, the best intro thread EVAR.

and I agree with Finkie_Mom. I mean, I know I'd want you to be my Mimi if I were a dog.

Equinox

OK. Who are you, then? :p

And yeahhhh I agree with Equinox! I love me my Aija pics!!!!
Same goes for the Finkies, woman. Oh my god their expressions are ALWAYS the best :rofl1: I love the Finkies.

Also, it is so weird seeing you write Equinox. I've been away from DF so long that I'm almost never referred to using that username anymore. LOL

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Same goes for the Finkies, woman. Oh my god their expressions are ALWAYS the best :rofl1: I love the Finkies.

Also, it is so weird seeing you write Equinox. I've been away from DF so long that I'm almost never referred to using that username anymore. LOL
LOL yeah, I forget to post pics of them a lot :p

I know. It's odd to refer to people I know through FB with their forum names... I get confused, but it's like backwards confused, KWIM?

JessLough

Love My Mutt

Yah, we all refer to her as Grace. Or "that bitch with the GSD"

Members online

No members online now.