Heading to the dog show!

Abstrax

Great Pyrenees Fancier
Monsieur Tache and I will be heading to the Salt City Cluster today in Syracuse, NY. Yesterday Tache's brother Griff took Best of Breed in a 12 dog entry. Pretty good size one for Pyrs!!! Tache's sister Cori finished her championship taking the points, and his other sister Gabriella took Reserves! (They wanted her to so Cori would finish). Cori makes Champion #6 for their Mama and now Mama Flurry will be inducted into the Great Pyrenees Hall of Fame!!!!

We are entered for breed today under an entry of 15 dogs total! 4 male Specials, 3 Bitch Specials, 5 Dogs and 3 Bitches. :)

So wish us luck today, I have to go finish grooming Tache and I will update you all at the end of the day to let you all know what happened. ^^;

- Abstrax

Mykl

I've never met a pyr in person before, but I heard they are so majestic. Sounds like a big day for you both. Good luck! :)

Abstrax

Great Pyrenees Fancier
Pyrs are really great dogs. They are very affectionate and extremely loyal to their owners - but still can be very stubborn because they were bred to be an independent thinking breed so the shepherds could sleep at night and the Pyrs would watch over their flocks in the Pyrenean Mountains of Spain and France. They needed them to be able to assess situations on their own in order to be able to accomplish this task.

Yesterday at the show - man we got a really nice look from the judge. I had though we had it because he stopped in front of us for a good 15-30 seconds and just smiled at us. Tache was really on the ball, several people had approached me commenting me on his movement. Telling me how he just floated around the ring and not a single hair moved on him. So the judge put up another dog which was down here from Canada. I am really pleased we had a really nice look and some consideration into us. It was quite a huge entry. We had 8 dogs in the ring for Breed and they were all pretty nice.

Wish us luck today!! :)

- Abstrax

Members online

No members online now.