What kind of Brush

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
HOLY COW. Belle is losing hair like crazy lol... I am assuming it is her "winter" coat coming out.

We gave her a bath today and so much hair came out it clogged up the tub lol. Then I brought her out and brushed her down with this rubber brush I have. I got about two handfuls of hair. Then when she was dry I did it again and got another two handfuls of hair. and she still has more to come out I can see it.

What kind of brush should I be using to most effectively help her get rid of this extra hair?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
she is a short haired breed correct?
if i was you i would use the slicker on her
give her a warm bath, and use it again. the bath helps loosen hair, and the slicker is the best shedding tool for small breeds unless you get maybe a shedding brush, or something like a furminater de shedding tool

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
she is a short haired breed correct?
if i was you i would use the slicker on her
give her a warm bath, and use it again. the bath helps loosen hair, and the slicker is the best shedding tool for small breeds unless you get maybe a shedding brush, or something like a furminater de shedding tool
She has hair sort of like a lab.... it is short but thick. I will have to see if I can find my slicker brush and see how that does.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
good luck. i do think a warm bath will be your best bet.
or going to target and getting a furminater. i think petco has them too. they are like 40 bucks

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
good luck. i do think a warm bath will be your best bet.
or going to target and getting a furminater. i think petco has them too. they are like 40 bucks

She had a warm bath today but there is still more hair left lol.

I think I know what the furminator is and I think they sell it for $35-$40 at the little pet store near us.... we will have to check that out

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I bet a rubber horse curry comb will work just as well, if not better and it's a TON cheaper than a Furminator.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I bet a rubber horse curry comb will work just as well, if not better and it's a TON cheaper than a Furminator.
I am using a rubber curry comb. It just doesn't seem to be getting right down into her under coat..... either than or it is just going to take A LOT of brushing to get all the hair out and I just don't want to irritate her skin by brushing too much.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i use an undercoat rake thing on buster. its very effective. he has very odd hair.

short on his head. very thick and about2 inches long on his shoulders, going shorter towards his back end. a little petticoat thing coming off his thighs at the back and his legs have very short hair on them. with his bristles up he lok slike a stegasaurus. lol

angelzeus

i'm not sure what breed dog you have if your dog has a coat like a doberman i would use a slicker bruch if your dog has a heavy coat like a colliei would use what is called a rake good luck

Members online

No members online now.