Do you have different "types"?

Kootenay

Physically I like natural looking dogs, Yarrow being close to my ideal look. Something about the "wild" look just really gets to me.

Prick ears are definitely a preference, lightly built bodies, I don't really like wirehair, but short or long or in between is fine. I love light coloured eyes, too.

Temperamentally, I guess I do have a few different things that I like. I love my Malinois, having an easily trained, super biddable, high drive dog is just....amazing (and I lucked out in also getting an excellent off switch). I think I won't be without that from now on. I could see myself definitely with another Mal, possibly a GSD, or specific herder (I find most too soft, but feel like I could probably get along with an ACD or the right Koolie).

But I also don't mind Yarrow's more...primitive? nature. He is incredibly intelligent, but very independent. I don't mind that as long as I also have a velcro dog. Jasper I love but I wouldn't seek out his temperament again, or perhaps when I am old and just want a chill dog.

katiem

I like the big, tough guys. Mastiffs, Rottweilers, Dobes, etc. I'm hoping my next pure bred will be a DDB, a Doberman or a Dogo. Or another Rottweiler.

That being said I also love CKC Spaniels and Papillons!

I've never been a Retriever person, but we used to have a Curly Coated Retriever, and I'd have another.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I like herding dogs (almost all the herding breeds, srsly) Whippets, some Bully breeds and some of the working breeds like Dobermans. As I've honestly grown away from the world of dogs I used to be able to live in, my preferences have changed a lot.

Oh, and poodles. Big ones. Major soft spot for poodles.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Personality wise I prefer aloof, independent dogs that have a close bond with their humans. And that can settle in th house and entertain themselves. I can't do soft dogs. I am pretty sure I would ruin them and i get super annoyed with them. I get along better with strong headed, harder dogs. I probably will be sticking with terriers and guardian breeds from now on. I do prefer pricked ears, but I am not too picky. Althletic and muscular. Not too picky on coat length. Just need a dog that can handle our BC winters and summers, which are not too harsh. Our winters are pretty mild and our summers can get pretty hot.

Members online

No members online now.