Trialing from Car

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
What do I need if I decide to crate dogs in the car this summer while trialing? Past years I would either just bring one or two and x-pen, but seeing as we've got multiple 3-day trials coming up it makes more sense to bring along the whole gang. One place we go to my plan would be to park up against the woods (for tree coverage) and some of those reflector sheets. I've also got an EZ Up and will be buying cooling vests. And I've also got "gates" for the windows so the windows can be down without anyone able to put their hand through my window, or dogs jumping out.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Will you be hanging out at your car or at the rings with friends? I only crate out of my car when I'm there frequently to move shades, check water/fans/mats, and can keep an eye on them. I only crate out of my car when I don't have other options.

BostonBanker

Unless I'm only there for the day, I take the time to put up a tent (or go slumming in a friend's). It is as much for me as the dogs; I need a place to get out of the sun, throw all my stuff down, and basically set up a home base.

The people I know who crate from their cars definitely get good use out of the mesh reflector sheets. A lot of them basically just drape the entire car with them.

Members online

No members online now.