Pembroke VS. Cardigan

Which do you think is the better Corgi, the Pembroke or the Cardigan? Some people say Pembrokes are cuter, but Cardigans are better overall. What do you think? The Pembroke is the Preferred one for me but I'd like to know what others think.

xpaeanx

well I don't think that any breed of dog is better than another.... If I was picking which breed was better for me in specific, than I would say the Cardigan. I like my dogs to be reserved when it comes to strangers and I like the Cardi's overall more laid back personality. I just wish they were more pem sized....

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Pemmies. :D

But I'm slightly biased. (I have two of them).

Honestly, they're both nice. There are some similarities and there are some key differences and it depends on what you want in a dog.

Pemmies missed the memo about herding breeds being aloof with strangers. Pemmies are more athletic and it's easier to find a sport/working quality pemmie than cardi.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't think it's so much that one is "better overall" than the other, just that one might be a better fit for a particular person in general. I love the Pemmie's size and fox-face, but adore the Cardis personality and coat colors. So it's a real toss-up for me if I ever got serious about getting a corgi!

Members online

No members online now.