clippers?

Brattina88

My cheap set has officially died . . . and i'm feeling confident enough to take the plunge and buy my own - it'll be cheaper in the long run anyway. Any suggestions? i was thinking about buying a single speed professional andis... can't get the link to work yet. was planning on ordering from petedge ? TIA

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I have the andis ultra edge 2 speed, bought from petedge. I like them, and petedge was fast for delivery if that helps at all.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
ive never had good luck with clippers... i bought an expensive pair and they lasted for two shearings. now i just buy the $20 ones at walmart and buy another pair when they wear out. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it's just really a lot of work to shave a sheepie !

I own 2 sets.
I own the Andis Pro animal wich is one speed, and then i own the andis 2 speed.
I enjoy using them both. However, it does depend on what kind of clippering your doing.
Clipper maintenance is also a major factor in the life of your clippers. As long as you clean the blades between each groom, keep them cool during the groom, and oil your clippers regularly, you should see extended life with your clippers.
(personally i dont like wahl clippers if that helps lol)
Good luck!

Saintgirl

I have two pair myself. I have the Oster Golden two speed clippers, but I find that they blow hot air on to your hand when you are clipping. I also have a pair of the Wahl Switchblade that I LOVE!!! Luv Grooming, have you tried the switchblades? Most of the groomers that I know are not a fan of Wahl, but once they tried the switchblade they changed their mind! We have several differnet makes of Andis at the shop where I work, and you can never go wrong with Andis! But I do recommend you get the 2 speed instead of the single speed, it isn't that much more money wise, and it does make a difference.

I have two pair myself. I have the Oster Golden two speed clippers, but I find that they blow hot air on to your hand when you are clipping. I also have a pair of the Wahl Switchblade that I LOVE!!! Luv Grooming, have you tried the switchblades? Most of the groomers that I know are not a fan of Wahl, but once they tried the switchblade they changed their mind! We have several differnet makes of Andis at the shop where I work, and you can never go wrong with Andis! But I do recommend you get the 2 speed instead of the single speed, it isn't that much more money wise, and it does make a difference.
Hmm. No i have not. I shall try them though! Thank you for the suggestion!:D

mrandrei

Try the Andis Pro Pet Clipper Set. This clipper works wonderfully. It breezes right through the thickest hair.

I bought my Andis 2 speed clippers REFURBISHED over 8 years ago and they are still going strong. I've never serviced them and they have been used everyday almost everyday for the past 4 months straight. LOVE ANDIS!!!! Used a Wahl KM-2 at the first vet clinic I worked at and it was nice, tad bit heavy though. I despise Oster clippers, far too heavy and hot. I have many groomer friends though who you wouldn't get their Oster's out of their cold dead hands. If you are getting Andis clippers from PetEdge go with the older style like mine, they are bomb proof. Item # AD22215

Abby

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Try the Andis Pro Pet Clipper Set. This clipper works wonderfully. It breezes right through the thickest hair.
*dies laughing*

I own that set. It was junk. The blade takes a screw driver to remove it from the body. The upper and lower blade rarely line back up again properly, and it gives famously uneven cuts. I wouldn't suggest low priced clippers to even my worst dog enemy. It was what I learned to groom with and it was an endless uphill battle that nearly made me give up and take Cider back to a pro.

I almost cried the first time I used my good clippers. It was suddenly so flipping easy. I fought for so long for no reason not knowing any better.

Maybe if you didn't spend so much time peddling products through your siggy.. You happen to sell this junky set hence your peddling it?

IcyHound

Andies ultra 2 speed here as well.

Love them. I use them when I do clip downs, when I have someones dog over to groom, to clean cheeks and throats when I'm lazy and to shave the hubbies head.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I had a cheap pair from Walmart that lasted me 4 years. Now I have another cheap pair from Walmart that works awesome too. They get the job done... and the dogs come out looking great (when I get my head outta my ass and do them up nicely LOL).

samschic

I've worked on several ranches, and we usually end up using the horse clippers instead of separate dog clippers. They're a little more heavy-duty, but aren't any more expensive (sometimes are cheaper), and work really well. Check out horse.com, they usually have some good options.

idreamdou

Clippers vs Dremmel

Our pups all have black nails, and we were petrified of not only nipping the end of the nerve, but making the nail trimming session traumatic. We invested in a $10 battery powered dremmel, and just sand their nails down. It works well, and the dogs don't mind it a bit. Half the time they fall asleep!

Members online