Cat haircut??

iluvdogs

My cat Malibu, shes a big girl!!...but looks extra big because she has SO MUCH hair!!

Since you can get your dogs hair-cuts, I was wondering if anyone knew if you can bring in your cat??

I brush her at lease 3x a week, and she still some how gets mats!..and her hair is very static and always standing up everywhere..lol ( its getting better now )

I tried those thinner things, but to me they act like a cheap pair of scissors..maybe it was just a cheap pair??

Most cats look cute in the lion clip - shaved body/legs, hairy head, feet and tuft on the tail. Or variations of it. Helps with matting, hairballs etc...

Lana

Barb04

Super Moderator
Yes, I've had my cats hair trimmed. Make sure there is someone there who is certified to work with cats; it's a different certification thatn working with dogs.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My cat is SH so I don't take him in for any kind of clipping... I agree the lion cut is cute. My friend had it done to one of her main coons.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I've had my cat Nya done in a lion cut for the summer when our apartment was REALLY hot:

Before

After:

(she never let me get a good face-shot after that trim... she was pretty peeved!)

iluvdogs

OMG that lion cut is SOOOO cute!!!..where did you go to get it cut?..or did you do it yourself?

Thanks everyone for the help, I guess the best thing to do is just call around??

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I work at a shop that also does grooming. Our groomer at the time did cats, and Nya is a VERY laid back kitty :)

I would call around where you live, and ask if any of the groomers will do your cat in a lion cut. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.