I'm so choked at Mikey

Saje

Island dweller
We found this adorable four-month-old female puppy. She is so sweet. Just like Maverick as a puppy. Very bright looking. Big paws. Let me pick her up and roll her aroung and doesn't puppy chew even. (not yet anyway) So, we tell the girls at the shelter that to put a notice up 'adoption pending' and that we will be back to introduce our other dogs.

We go home, get Maverick and Mikey and bring them to the shelter. Mikey goes NUTS trying to attack her. Lips curled back. Snarling. Growling. Lunging. We let them meet on leash and through a fence and both time the dumb dog went nuts. Grrr. She is such a great puppy. So, we can't get her. They wouldn't have let us adopt her even if we had wanted to after that.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...9df-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

I'm so sad. :(

Saje

Island dweller
I don't know. Steve thinks it might be because the dog was smaller or because Steve was initially holding her. I really don't know. I'm quite disappointed though.

Debi

They only let you introduce them once??? Seems if you could take him a couple times, heck...he may have just had an off moment. She's sooooo adorable. At least if you really can't get her, she'll be adopted quickly with her sweet nature.

Saje

Island dweller
It was Mikey not Maverick. :)

I'm sure they'd let us bring Mikey back if we wanted but after the whole Mikey biting Teddy fiasco I don't really want animal control to see him like that. :(

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Oh, sorry. Your dog Maverick seems to be pretty famous so... I guess that name popped out.

Anyway, I'm sorry about what happened. Do you think maybe SOMETHING, the environment maybe, triggered his actions?

Saje

Island dweller
You know. I really don't understand him. <shrugs> His dog aggressive w some dogs but I haven't figured which ones it is. Steve could be right, it could be little dogs. I find it strange that he would hate a puppy like that. I really don't know.

Oh, what a gorgeous puppy! But you have to respect the feelings of the whole family when introducing new members.... Maybe Mikey's just not ready to have a little brother right now.

Saje

Island dweller
Little sister. :D

I guess not. He's a jealous little bugger. I think he also wanted to feel tough

You know, they really need to take the Mastiff part out. I tried hard to see a tiny bit of Mastiff, but I can't find any at all. There may be some kind of hound-y type dog - probably a real duke's mixture - in there somewhere because she's certainly unique. Maybe even an Aussie from the look of that snoot and the ears. Labelling her part Mastiff is probably going to make her harder to adopt. She's got the look of a pup well over six months, too, so I would doubt she's going to get all that huge.

She's a real doll-baby. I can see why you want her so much. Mikey just had to show his butt, hmmm! :rolleyes:

Debi

You know...maybe Big Dog has something there...our Mikey may have sensed something you couldn't. So, we're all thinking 'hey, what's up with Mikey'....when really, HE is the guy in the know on this situation. Especially if Mikey doesn't usually act this way. Anyway, hope you're not still sad today, Saje! :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pet finder is how I found victor. I am sorry this didn't work out for you and for her. Mary is like that too. Some people and some dogs, for no apparent reason she takes a serious dislike to. That is why she couldn't be a visitation dog with Bronki. I trust mary in her judgement tho..maybe your dog knew something that you didn't, harsh as that sounds.

Hey, I don't like everyone I meet, either. And sometimes I dislike them immediately. I think Mikey's got a right to his opinion, even if he was being a butt. :)

I can just picture Mikey walking around the house muttering, "I'm the baby - ain't gonna be no 'little sisters' - girl dogs are yucky - 'fix' my bad self and THEN try to bring a girl home - NOT HAPPENIN' PEOPLE!"

Saje

Island dweller
Ah. Mikey he is the baby. Leaves Maverick out sometimes but Maverick makes up for it by not letting him in the bedroom. Drama! LOL

I'm not that sad anymore.

I asked about the mastiff, Renee, and they said that whoever dropped her off new the background of the parents. Not too sure about that. They don't listen to me.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Bronki met literally thousands of people at city market without ever disliking anybody...so one day when we dropped off the car to be fixed I thought we would walk home and get some ice cream on the way. I bought both of us a cone and we had just finished up when a old woman started walking towards us. She had a big bag held in front of her. The one and only time he ever did this, but every hair stood on end, he lowered his head and let out a belly growl that meant business..I stepped in front of him and covered his head with my body until she passed..what do you think she had in that bag? If they could only tell us..my son thinks I am nuts cause I sit and try to open my mind..I am sure that I have a mental block that keeps me from "hearing" what they say..if I could only open my head I could know....I think we are the one's that have the developmental delay there..dogs rule in the knowing department

I think you can 'hear' them best when you're at that funny stage between waking and sleeping - that conscious, material mind is off guard. I took a class one time that taught us how to 'lower' our brainwaves to the alpha wavelength. It's amazing how much more receptive you become when you lower the frequency, so to speak.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Is that why sometimes when I am stroking their fur, or massaging their necks..just being together I can feel myself "sink" a little. almost like when you are falling asleep..only without the sleep?

Members online