Worried about Daisy

Sweet72947

Squishy face
On Sunday night, Daisy started walking like it hurts (not favoring any particular leg, it seemed that all of them hurt). She ran around in the yard alot on Sunday, so we thought it might be muscle soreness. But both yesterday and today, she still walks like it hurts unless we keep her on aspirin. On aspirin she acts fine. She even ran zoomies in the house yesterday when we got home. :rolleyes:

Can muscle soreness last several days from just running around in the yard? It just doesn't seem like it was enough activity to make her muscles need a few days to recover. The last time she had muscle soreness like this, she had gotten a really bad fight with dog, and we know how much that can take out of anyone!

Daisy will be 8 years old in June. But sometimes she acts like she's 12. :(

elegy

overdogged
what do you have in the way of tick-borne diseases where you are? if you lived here, i'd be signing daisy up for a lyme test.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
That's a good idea, I don't know why that didn't occur to me! *headslap* We have ticks and lyme all over the place. I haven't found any on her this year though. But I will definitely have her checked for that! Thanks!

ETA: I just took Daisy's temperature and it was 103F. From google, that seems to be a low-grade fever. But it is sort of hot in the house, since my mom doesn't turn on the air conditioning until its at least 95F outside, and today its 90F outside. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Grab

It's possible it is from being in a hot house/running outside, but it still seems a bit high. I'd keep track of it over the course of the day and see if it goes down any

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thanks, I will. I made her a vet appointment for tomorrow evening, and I'll get some bloodwork run to test for Lymes. Daisy just doesn't feel good. :/

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Just an update, Daisy was negative for Lyme, and her bloodwork showed that her levels for everything were all good. We are keeping her on rest and I have some pain meds from the vet. It seems my dog might just have joint issues.

elegy

overdogged
i'm glad she was negative for lyme.
i hope she feels better soon!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
So glad the tests came back with good results.

Rest and feel better, Daisy. <3

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
glad it was clear--joint issues at least can be dealt with somewhat. I hope she is up and moving around better soon!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thanks guys. Here's a little update: She seems to be doing a little better. She seems fine in the morning, and by afternoon she seems in pain again. I'm not sure why hip displasia/joint issues would do this?

Brattina88

Maybe by afternoon, she's used all of her joints all day and they're starting to get sore? Have you tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin or anything like that?

Poor baby! I know it sucks to see them hurting and not be able to "fix" it! Hope she feels better soon!!! {{{{{+++get well soon vibes+++}}} :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
That could be, since in the am she is jumping/running around everywhere all excited to be fed. I don't really know how to keep her from getting excited about food, food is her life, lol. She has good self-control and manners around food - she will sit-stay with raw meat right in front of her, if I eat on the floor she doesn't get in my face but lays down off to the side to wait until I offer her a bite, etc. Its just that first thing in the morning she's like: ZOMGIGETTOEATIGETTOEATZOMGFOOD!!

Most of the day she lays around, and I only take her on short walks. She is on Glucosamine Chondroitin for her joints, and I imagine she gets some good stuff from the cartilage in her raw.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ask Smkie for those TTouch diagrams, they helped Mary's joint issues a lot.

I hope she feels better soon!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Need update? On what? I just gave one yesterday. :p

Well today I started doing acupressure on Daisy. She wasn't pleased, but she let me do it. We also gave her an aspirin around 10:30 and it seems to be helping, as Daisy did zoomies about the house when I asked her if she wanted to go on a walk.

And thanks Zoom, I will PM smkie for those TTouch charts. I tried googling, but all I found were sites trying to get me to buy an instructional video.

Members online

No members online now.