Tails

Can anyone tell me what breeds have curled tails. Tails that curl and touch their backs. Not Chows, I all ready know about those. My 6 month old dog, Zane, has a tail I have never seen before. It curls and touchs his back and as a little tuft at the end.

Last edited:

Maxy24

Do you have a picture? Lots of breeds have tails that sit on their back, many nordic breeds like Akitas and Shiba inus as well as Shar Peis, Shih Tzus etc. Lots of breeds. If you have pictures or more info on his size and coat we could probably give you more narrow breed choices. Plus we LOVE pics :D

My dog's tail curls and touches her back, but it has nothing to do with the breed. She just has gay tail ;) So yeah, a pic may help.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
My dog's tail curls and touches her back, but it has nothing to do with the breed. She just has gay tail ;) So yeah, a pic may help.
Good point, because tail faults like that are common in quite a few breeds (mine too) and therefore makes it a hard indicator. However, if the whole litter has curled tails and mom doesn't, then it might be safe to say dad came from a breed with a curled tail. ;)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
pictures, there are way too many "curled" tailed breeds out there and many dogs who arnt supposed to have curled tails may have a curl if the breeding was bad.

besides...we want to see pictures! :p

I think the spitz dogs and Alaskan Malemutes have that kind of tail as well. Afghan hounds have talks that loop up over their backs, but not as tight as the other ones I've mentioned. oh, and Pekenise (which I almost certainly spelled incorrectly). they have tails that curl right up over their backs.

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
Dobe's tails curl quite a bit; they don't lay over the back; but they have quite the curl to them.

Members online

No members online now.