Standard Poodle

sp0322

Okay so what does an unclipped poodle look like (preferably in white) compared to one that has a lamb clip but not super short but medium long (preferably white)

beth2

Not sure what you are asking for...a picture of a white poodle thats coat is over grown? If so a poodle's coat will eventually cord like a puli or komodor if not kept brushed and allowed to grow out. today's "goldendoodle" mix is pretty close to what a pure bred standard would look like if its face and body were to be grown out and kept brushed. However, a pure poodles' coat would not lie flat like a goldendoodle....it would stay fluffy and poofy until it got sooo long that the length weighed it down. Does this answer your question? Look for pictures of goldendoodles...and imagine it white and with a short tail and much more poofy. (A goldendoodle coat is heavier and will lie down better due to the golden retriever type coat influence.) Make any sense?
Im a groomer. I guess if you asked me to groom your dog in a non traditional poodle clip...I would suggest leaving the face full...not shaved, and trim it like a cockapoo or goldendoodle and leave the body and legs a bit longer , one length all over....with no shaved feet or pom on the tail. A "teddybear" clip is a common description of this type of groom thats used on several different breeds. I do it to a few mini poodles and it is a cute look.Dont see many standards in this clip though. Wish I had a picture to show you..I hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.