Horses of Chaz....

Dekka

Just try me..
Lost.. I had a Sonny too (well spelling different) but he was also yellow.

Old pic, this is me up.

Kady, he is freakin adorable. I wish I could ever be small enough for ponies. I have had ponies through :)

Here is a section c we had (welsh)

This is Chance. He is out of Velvet by Merionyth Merlin a very well known section C.

And one of my fave ponies of all time. A little barely 13 hand guy who was sitting in a field never had anything done with him. Got him as a trade for starting a horse.
Darien Showing him short stirrup they were both 3

Huge oxer for a little pony

Then I had my accidental hony. Bred my 16.1h Irish mare to a 16.1 world champion swedish dressage horse. Got a 14.3hh gorgeous tiny boy.

I <3 ponies.

Dekka

Just try me..
I've thought about it a little, but it seems like it's far easier to 'get into' horses through riding lessons, at least in this area. I'm also afraid taking driving lessons will just make me want to ride even more badly.

I'm not 100% sure my doctor would be on board with it, anyway. Falling is the danger for me--after having my spine fused, I'm not supposed to do anything fast or high up.

Perhaps when I've got more free time and disposable income I'll check it out. Where I live I can't even keep chickens, so I'd rather not become too attached to an animal that can't live close by. ;]
It IS hard to find good driving lessons. Driving is MUCH safer than riding typically. But the fun stuff (google combined driving) isn't lol.

Miakoda

First, I need to say that this is one of the best threads ever. :D

I'll post some pics of mine when I get back from dropping Carson off at school.

My baby (and pride and joy) is Raja, a black 12-yr-old 14 hh SE Arabian by Thee Desperado out of a Nazeer mare belonging to my uncle. He recently went from "stallion" to "gelding" due to some very odd interest with some people who kept coming by my house and asking about breeding to him. I was starting to get a little freaked out. Seeing as how things just have not seemed to ever show a time for a good breeding, I went ahead and had him gelded.

Then we have The Wee Little Beastie aka Bullseye. He is an 18-yr-old (maybe 19 now?) 13 hh pinto Welsh cob x. He's a wonderful little guy and loves the boys. He's built like a mini tank, and he's a hoot to ride! (This is one of those times I'm greatful to be 5 ft. tall. :D )

Miakoda

The Wee Little Beastie

Raja

Moo

Nothing says "brotherly love" like a good game of bitey-face. :D

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
We have some good looking horses here. I didn't even know half of yall owned horses lol

My favorite are the American Paints. I definitely have a soft spot for them.

If all goes well, after I start working at the barn, I will be getting a gelding paint. I am so excited.

joce

I finally took three crappy new ones off my phone I had sent to chaz when they were in the stalls. I wanted some when they ran in the snow yesterday but I had to go to work:cool:

Doug. My sweetheart. He is a teddybear but a pain in my rear at the same time.

the stash. He wears it off now that we round bale for the most part and there are not twenty other horses to chase him off.

Morie

Thats what she does when Blitz gets to close.

Hukk

kady05

Kady, he is freakin adorable. I wish I could ever be small enough for ponies. I have had ponies through :)
Thank you! Yeah, being 5' tall I prefer ponies over horses ;)

All of yours were gorgeous!

First, I need to say that this is one of the best threads ever. :D

I'll post some pics of mine when I get back from dropping Carson off at school.

My baby (and pride and joy) is Raja, a black 12-yr-old 14 hh SE Arabian by Thee Desperado out of a Nazeer mare belonging to my uncle. He recently went from "stallion" to "gelding" due to some very odd interest with some people who kept coming by my house and asking about breeding to him. I was starting to get a little freaked out. Seeing as how things just have not seemed to ever show a time for a good breeding, I went ahead and had him gelded.

Then we have The Wee Little Beastie aka Bullseye. He is an 18-yr-old (maybe 19 now?) 13 hh pinto Welsh cob x. He's a wonderful little guy and loves the boys. He's built like a mini tank, and he's a hoot to ride! (This is one of those times I'm greatful to be 5 ft. tall. :D )
I <3 Bullseye.. talk about CUTE!

Your Arab is gorgeous too.. I have a soft spot for them and have always preferred the Arab crosses. I had a full blooded Arab at one point..

(that's my old trainer on him, she was so tall!)

Dekka

Just try me..
We have some good looking horses here. I didn't even know half of yall owned horses lol

My favorite are the American Paints. I definitely have a soft spot for them.

If all goes well, after I start working at the barn, I will be getting a gelding paint. I am so excited.
What about Canadian paints? ;) (ok well we here anyway never call them anything but paints, if registred as such, or pinto if not)

This is Peak, I sold him and got Cricket.

Best thing about his markings is that he had a perfectly shaped saddle patch only on the left side (where of course one should be tacking up from) where the saddle should go.

and cute but sad pic. I am still upset about his loss.

Snark

Mutts to you
So many good looking horses!

This was Rusty King Bee, my first horse back when I was a freshman in high school. Paid $105 for him at an auction (well, Dad bid on him but it was my money). His great grandsire on the paternal side was King P-234, great grandsire on the maternal side was Wimpy P-1.

Sis bought this mare about a year later - Ginger was a Morgan/Tennessee Walker cross (no idea why THAT happened) but she was a hoot and the smartest horse we've ever had. She had her own agenda and it didn't include endlessly circling a riding ring (or working too hard). Notice there's no blinders on her - she was happier being able to see everything around her.

My second horse, a Morgan gelding, Rocket J. Squirrel. I evented with him - he was a lot of fun on the cross country course.

Being his usual squirrelly self while while schooling cross country.

Cross country at a horse trial

A friend took this photo while I was waiting to enter the start box at a trial. She gave me an enlarged copy for my birthday and it was one of the best presents ever.

The perils of owning a black horse...

Dekka

Just try me..
Ahahaah, every summer I threaten to paint velvet into a zebra. Love the eventing pics!

Snark

Mutts to you
Ahahaah, every summer I threaten to paint velvet into a zebra. Love the eventing pics!
Thanks! I miss having an event horse but I probably can't afford to trial anymore, anyway... sigh... and I don't bounce like I used to... double sigh...

That was white shoe polish (3 bottles worth). Sis and I made the mistake of being out of town on our 30th birthday. Our friends turned Rocket into a zebra and Ginger into an appaloosa. They also put a 'Ship to Busch Gardens' on the door of Rocket's stall. With friends like these... :D :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We have Pecos and Renegade. (By we, I mean my dad and stepmom) They're both Walkers and geldings. I think Pecos is about 12-13? And Renegade is 4.

These are old pictures.

Pecos

Renegade (this is taken ages ago):

BostonBanker

Tristan is my boy. He'll be 16 next month (where does the time go?!). I originally got him when he was 3, and I was in college. The deal was that my trainer and I would work with him for a couple of years, and sell him for a profit so I'd have grad school money. *snort* I can't believe my father fell for that! He's a Hanoverian (Tambourin x Goya) who I got thinking I'd make him into my adult hunter. Sadly, he jumped like an anvil as a young horse, and we started doing dressage. He actually turned into an excellent jumper as he got older, but by then, I was hooked on dressage. He's a nightmare to keep eating, and after months of testing, caused my vet to finally throw his hands up in the air and declare him anorexic. He hovers around 75 lbs underweight now, after being as bad as 250 lbs under.

Before his issues started:

Where he tends to sit weight-wise these days:

The real equine love of my life (sorry, Trissy) was Boston. He was the horse I leased and showed through most of high school/early college. He was an elderly TB who had seen it all - raced, shown as a hunter, and then found his niche as an equitation horse. One of his early owners was Meredith Michaels, now Meredith Beerbaum, who has a few medals to her name :p He has a whole chapter in her book about the horses in her life. He took a bunch of kids to the finals, including placing in the ribbons at the Maclay finals at the Garden. He came to Vermont as a practice horse when his owner was in college, and after having (at the time) revolutionary colic surgery and pulling through, they left him there rather than bringing him back to a big show barn where he wouldn't get much turnout, etc. He took me from crossrails to the 3'3" hunters and eq, and was the finest horse I've ever known. The last time I saw him, he was 30 years old, and still doing small jumping lessons at a very well known barn on the east coast. I'm sure he's gone now, but I'm thrilled for him that he had such a good place to spend the last years of his life.

Most of my pictures of him are non-digital; this is one of the few I have scanned in.

Miakoda

I love Bullseye. He's got your typical pony 'tude, but little did he know that I laugh at such antics. He'll flatten ears, give you the stinkeye, and allow you to rub his muzzle all day long. He tried to double-barrel my hubby (kick him with both back feet at same time), but then ran up to my 3-yr-old and do everything but throw himself down on the ground and roll over in an effort to get some love and attention.

He really is a well-behaved guy (and seeing as how I don't allow bad behavior to fly...), but he just does everything with that pony attitude. But oh how he loves kids! In all my life, I have never met a pony or horse that has such a desire to be around kids, watch them play, and allow them to pet all over him.

K

Kristen1980

I showed the pics to Cardyn and now she's begging me for a horse lol!!

Lovely horses everyone!

I enjoy and like Horses but am terrified of them up close :(

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I love Bullseye. He's got your typical pony 'tude, but little did he know that I laugh at such antics. He'll flatten ears, give you the stinkeye, and allow you to rub his muzzle all day long. He tried to double-barrel my hubby (kick him with both back feet at same time), but then ran up to my 3-yr-old and do everything but throw himself down on the ground and roll over in an effort to get some love and attention.

He really is a well-behaved guy (and seeing as how I don't allow bad behavior to fly...), but he just does everything with that pony attitude. But oh how he loves kids! In all my life, I have never met a pony or horse that has such a desire to be around kids, watch them play, and allow them to pet all over him.
He reminds me of my friend's pony Dolly. They even look similar. Dolly was actually a free pony but has been a total gem for my friend's kids. I have never seen her treat them badly, even when they very much deserve it-lol. Is your guy an easy keeper? Dolly is SUPER easy. They bred her to a friend's pony stallion and never bothered to confirm the pregnancy but were certain that she was preggers based on her steady weight gain. Turns out it was a "food baby" and even a couple of handfuls of grain is too much for the pony-lol.

Members online

No members online now.