Help now please

milos_mommy

Oh GOD. Milo just ATE Sapphira's molted skin. I imagine all her urticating hairs are in his throat. He's kind of wheezing and gagging and FREAKING out. What the heck do I do? Benedryl?

milos_mommy

Okay we let him out and he's eating the snow like crazy. We also gave him benedryl...he stopped the coughing. He should be okay without an allergic reaction, we'll just keep an eye on him.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
id call the vet to be sure, BUT, other than some agrivation (and likley a sore throat for a few days) i doubt itll doo too much harm, itll take some time for all those tiny "sticky" hairs to clear out so dont be suprised if he drinks frequenlty trying to clear them all out.

theres no venom in the shed/hairs so no worries there, itll definatly be agrivating though.

Amanda885

oOH yikes... glad he seems ok for now... i would just call the vet in case, but keep your eye on him. good luck! sending positive vibes your way that everything will be just fine! :)

Doberluv

Oh! What a freaky thing. I also would call the vet to make sure there's nothing else that you could do to help him. Maybe there's a trick the vet knows. I hope he'll be okay. My goodness! These dogs of ours can really give us heart attacks! The things they do sometimes!

Members online

No members online now.