Advise please.....

So we have new neighbours and they have 2 cats....well one of the cats likes to come up at our kitchen window when it is open to say "Hi"...I don't really mind this, but of course Bailey then runs around like a lunatic..knocking everything over that is in his path, trying to get to the cat (to play).
So ovbiously i can't have the cat keep jumping up there.
It is getting warmer now, so i like to have the windows open.
Does anyone know anything that i could put on the sill (that won't harm the cat) to stop her from getting up there?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Cats hate citrus! You can also put something loud and crinkly on the sill that will scare the cat when it jumps up. There is also this product on the market that sprays air at the cat when it jumps up.

Cats hate citrus! You can also put something loud and crinkly on the sill that will scare the cat when it jumps up. There is also this product on the market that sprays air at the cat when it jumps up.

I didn't really want to have to scare the cat.
But i could try squirting some citrus spray on there :)

Thanks Sweet.

joce

I've never had luck with sprays but try a sheet of tin foil were he jumps up.

Maxy24

the only problem with the citrus is it will only last for a short amount of time. First I would go up to your neighbor and ask if they would keep their cats in. The tin foil will also work. You could steal the cat :D then claim you thought he was a stray, j/k but he seems to prefer you over the other person anyways! hmmm.. I wonder if they dislike citronella, if they do you van light a candle by the sill (make sure it has some type of top on it, I wouldn't want you to burn down your house) I'll have to look into if they dislike it, I bet they do.

Members online