Food and smell

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Can food cause a dog to smell ? Roy's smell has been very strong since I switched to Natural Blend ? I am not sure it's gas but his body does smell. Does this make sense ?

Thanks

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Yes it definitely does. One of the first things many people notice when they feed their dogs a better quality food is that odor is drastically reduced or completely absent.

Some food ingredients may cause dogs to develop an odor for other reasons as well, it's simply an expression that the diet is not ideal for the individual dog.

JR0579

German Shepherds Rock
Mordy said:
Yes it definitely does. One of the first things many people notice when they feed their dogs a better quality food is that odor is drastically reduced or completely absent.

Some food ingredients may cause dogs to develop an odor for other reasons as well, it's simply an expression that the diet is not ideal for the individual dog.

Thanks Mordy. The issue is that I have noticed that his stool is a lot firmer and much less in volume on this brand. He scratches a lot though. So I am kind of nervous switching his food at this point. I am thnking that if I have to change, I'll go with Innova Large Breed Adult. What do you think ?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Do me a favor and email me a list of what exactly you have fed him, as far back as possible. I'll go over it and let you know.

Members online

No members online now.