Is there any breeds your dog just loves?

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan isn't particular of breed. He loves them all.

He loves them more if they are tall.

ETA: ... erm, that wasn't supposed to rhyme. LOL

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
My dogs seem pretty ambivalent most of the time. Daisy grew up with beagles and used to get soooo excited to see them, but that seems to have worn off with time.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
He likes smaller dogs better, and seems pretty okay with other corgis right off the bat. Last time we hung out with a corgi present Frodo just followed him everywhere, it was adorable!!
I'm excited to see if he does the same with Revy at the end of this month :D

He doesn't like tall, skinny dogs! Though we saw a Doberman in a store the other day and he didn't try to kill it, so that was nice :p

Yes, Enda gushes with delight over Belgian sheepdogs! They are her first (and only really) doggie pals, whether she's previously met that individual or not she wants to play and romp with them, she was even being a flirt with a grumpy male who obviously didn't want anything to do with other dogs, kept trying to shove her butt in his face. On the flip side, she hates Belgian Tervurens, one overzealous male did it for her, she overall finds them to be "too much" for her taste. I also recently found out, after seeing them only twice, she also seems to enjoy Bedlington terriers, the owner was having a good laugh at our show handling classes because opposite of us was a BC puppy, she had to ask what group Beaucerons were in, lol.

Jinjo, gets on only with other dogs who ignore him, other wise his only reaction really is towards "retriever" looking dogs, I don't know, they just set him on fire, and it's gotten to the point I don't take him to "dog events" anymore (he really did love Rally too) because now any dog who locks eyes with him, he's up and snarling like a lunatic. But I will say, there was a point where I noticed he seemed to obsess over "bearded" dogs, it was the exact kind of attention that say Enda gives to her ball, and honestly it did spark me at one point to seriously consider getting a Picardy, but ultimately when I looked at it, their rarity still, I went right back to Beaucerons, I mean, is it wrong to buy a dog because your other dog picked it out? lol, but seriously?

All of my dogs LOVE other sighthounds (especially other longhaired whippets & whippets) - they get all wiggly and happy and flirty when they spot them from a distance. They're little dog fans too. Journey also has some kind of love affair with Standard Poodles. There's one in my agility class and she just goes nuts for him.

Cricket doesn't like boxers or bouviers, as both have charged her down at agility class and she's extended her dislike to all of them. She isn't very tolerant of in-your-face dogs either (usually herding dogs and terriers). Journey used to get along with everyone, but has been much less tolerant of rude dogs since we got Newton (I think because he and Cricket like barking in her face together and generally being obnoxious). Newton just loves everyone.

Flyinsbt

Tully, when she was more interactive with the world, used to love Dobermans. Because we had Dobes in her agility class, but she was hilariously obsessed with them. When she was very young, I took her and my old dog, Elmo, to a swimming pool- they had a dog day at the pool before closing it. It was really crowded! Elmo was obsessed with the water, but Tully wanted nothing to do with it, so while I was trying to keep track of him, I lost track of her. I went running around the building looking for her, and finally found her. Sitting snugged up to the one Doberman in the building. She also liked Briards.

My Tess isn't real social with other dogs, but she seems to have positive feelings about Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Again, because we had them in her agility class when she was young. Also, they're smaller than her; she's wary of larger dogs.

All of mine seem to view Border Collies with tolerance, if not affection. Probably because, as mentioned, they don't tend to be "in your face" dogs, so they can be ignored, and also because we just see so many of them.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Backup likes border collies, I think he relates to their quirks & hyperactivity. He hates pushy dogs, he's the only one allowed to be rude.

Sloan is easy going. Don't hump her out of heat and she's amicable, unless you're a border collie butt running away and then she likes to bite you.

Arnold hates Malinois & Huskies. lol Mean, I know. He's also nervous with springers after being attacked by so many of them. He likes puppies & sweet playful dogs.

Shamoo is kind of socially inept and pushy with everyone but she can get along with anyone who's got a sense of humor.

Hannah, my RT at my moms, was a strange one. She hates females and loves males who are intact. More interestingly though she loves GSDs or dogs that look like them (mals, huskies, acds), its odd because the first time she met one it rolled her so hard I thought she had broken her shoulder. Go figure.

Doberluv

I don't really notice any kind of like or dislike of any particular breeds or types with my dogs. Chulita is quite indifferent toward other dogs. If other dogs get too in her face, she snarks at them. She'd just as soon stick with the household dogs. She loves Jose` and Toker, my son's dog who's here practically every day.

Jose` is mildly curious about or interested in interacting with other dogs sometimes, but no one type or breed of dog have I noticed to be a preference.

When I had my Doberman, he showed a particular dislike of Golden Retrievers. I have no idea why. But whenever he saw one, he was particularly reactive. He was quite snarky with a lot of other dogs with the marked exception of little dogs. He LOVED little dogs, like Doxies, other Chi's...he met a Poodle/Bishon that he became fast friends with.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Quinn doesn't really trust any dogs, she particularily doesn't like coated BC's. The staring (she's staring right back) putrs her off and a couple have got in her face and scared her.
No breeds she seems to love but if I had to put my money on one I'd say kelpies because at herding every week she's surrounded by them and they are all good socially balanced dogs. Sometimes she's asked to work offleash with another dog offleash and she does fine because they ignore her so she can happily ignore them.

She also doesn't seem to like Malinois much... I told her to go for it, I'm sure a Mal would take my jaunty little idiot well.
Really though. I'm like "Quinn... you picked the two breeds you really have much chance of having to live with in your lifetime... nice going"

She really doesn't place a whole lot of value on other dogs at all so she's not very good at making friends. lol

Michiyo-Fir

The FCR > Golden rule does not apply if you are a certain boy Golden Retriever who does agility in our area. They are in love with one another and there is no other dog in the world who compares for either of them. Thanks to Mira, he now wants to say hello to all the FCRs in the world to see if they are her. Thanks to him, she looks closely at all Goldens we meet (if we aren't working at the time) to see if they are him. It was love at first sight.
LOL I have nothing to contribute but that was hilarious to read! :rofl1:

Nia doesn't like strange dogs until after a few meetings. The quieter ones that don't poke and prod at her she likes a bit better than anything that charges or bats her around with their paws. As far as I can tell, she doesn't seem to have a breed preference. However, we have so few Papillons in our area that she's only met a few but I haven't noticed anything very different in her reaction.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Sienna loves every Yorkie she meets, and most small white fluffy things - poodle mixes or shih-tzus. But especially Yorkies.

It's weird because she usually doesn't care about other dogs at all.

Members online

No members online now.