Dog Lovers Arrested In Beijing Protest-1 dog limit

The prevoius reports I have read indicate the one dog limit,
but this article indicates they are taking/killing the other dogs
and limiting the size as well :( What is the world comming to.

Hundreds of angry dog owners confronted police in Beijing to protest the one-dog policy
Hundreds of angry dog owners confronted police in Beijing to protest the one-dog policy

Hundreds of angry dog owners confronted police in Beijing to protest the one-dog policy.

18 people in total were arrested at the protest as about 500 dog owners gathered in a demonstration near Beijing Zoo.

Police cordoned off the area and hundreds of reinforcements in nearby streets tried to stop photography and filming.

Dog lovers in China have been outraged as unlicensed dogs have been killed or confiscated. Only dogs shorter than 36cm are allowed.

The aim is to purge the streets of strays and to fight rabies.
326 people were killed last month in China due to rabies.

There are currently now 550,000 registered dog owners in Beijing and the new rule limits only one dog per household.
found here

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
Wait a minute, they're just killing all dogs now too? Not just the second one?

Isn't there some, humane way they can make it possible for these dogs to live? Can't they make a law stating that the dogs require a rabies shot? If you think about it, it isn't the dog's fault one bit! It just makes me so angry. I can't imagine how I would feel if some law like that was passed here.

Maybe if someone made a petition or something it would work, but I doubt it. If they set up a shelter for the dogs, maybe someone from other countries could adopt them? I don't know, I'm just trying to think of ways to save these dogs...

Members online

No members online now.