The Good News thread

Picklepaige

My SO and his friend are going to Australia this summer. He invited me a couple of months ago, but I don't have the money for it so I said no. I just got a text from him telling me he will pay for me if I go, airplane ticket, food, everything. On one hand I am beyond excited and happy, because oh my god free trip to Australia with my favorite person ever, oh my god how can one person be so nice omg.

But on the other hand, I would feel so...bad. It just seems so wrong and selfish, even though he offered because he REALLY wants me to go. We're not married or live together or anything, we don't share a bank account, I pay for my stuff and he pays for his. I mean, this is a trip that would cost over $2,000 for one person, and he just works a part time job. I feel like I would be taking advantage of him, even though I know he has plenty of money saved up, and part of it is I'm just being ridiculous.

What would you guys do?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
My SO and his friend are going to Australia this summer. He invited me a couple of months ago, but I don't have the money for it so I said no. I just got a text from him telling me he will pay for me if I go, airplane ticket, food, everything. On one hand I am beyond excited and happy, because oh my god free trip to Australia with my favorite person ever, oh my god how can one person be so nice omg.

But on the other hand, I would feel so...bad. It just seems so wrong and selfish, even though he offered because he REALLY wants me to go. We're not married or live together or anything, we don't share a bank account, I pay for my stuff and he pays for his. I mean, this is a trip that would cost over $2,000 for one person, and he just works a part time job. I feel like I would be taking advantage of him, even though I know he has plenty of money saved up, and part of it is I'm just being ridiculous.

What would you guys do?
I would take the offer and then maybe slowly pay him back or something of that nature. Like you said, he wouldn't offer unless he REALLY wanted you to go. :)

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I would take the offer and then maybe slowly pay him back or something of that nature. Like you said, he wouldn't offer unless he REALLY wanted you to go. :)
I like this idea.
It's too great of an opportunity to pass up! And while you may not be able to afford it outright yourself, you can always work off your "debt" (even if he doesn't see it as a debt to be paid back), by either giving him a bit of money here and there outright, or saving up and treating him to a trip further down the line.

FG167

Limit's evaluation went REALLY well :) We're joining her Mon night class and she expects we'll be able to compete just fine! I am VERY excited. He was so good. He was a little nervous, even growled/bark when she came up (we were up on a hill in the dark when she approached and turned the lights on). He recovered within minutes. Was taking treats and doing his tricks for her. He did his contact behavior - she was really pleased with him overall and so was I.

I'm going to a "meet the team" thing with the Athens flyball club next Sunday. I won't be able to afford to join their next set of classes, but maybe the one after that.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart

What would you guys do?
Free trip to Australia? I'M IN!

Seriously, go. If you don't, you'll probably regret not going :)

Picklepaige

Thanks everyone. After thinking on it for a while, I have decided to take him up on the offer :D I am SO excited. I will try to do something for him to in the future, and try to pay him back for a least a portion of it. But he wouldn't have asked me unless he wanted me to go and had no money issues, so I don't feel quite so bad.

And I will totally bring some carriers to stash under our seats and bring home koolie puppies for everyone who wants one.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Fun evening away involving tasty treats and family fun (and a cheap car repair, YAY) and home to Jess and a happy Finn, to which we planned FerretFest things which I'm now focusing on instead of work. :X

Heading into a fun weekend too. It's almost enough to ignore the fact that my entire city is flooding! YAY

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hubby is working STM tonight... He's home but downstairs working hard. Watchig far and away as my "me time" movie. I LOVE this movie and haven't seen it in years

Lyzelle

Time off officially put in for May CO trip! WOOT.

And I am still sorta musing on which job I want. In the meantime I am getting hours, but it is still minimum wage. I could stick around and get a raise/promotion but I don't know how much that will be. So it is a gamble. I want to make more money. One job will definitely let me do that at well over 40k a year (up to 100k), but I don't particularly like it as a career. Other jobs might at least get me in animals, but they are less money at around $9-$11 an hour.

I mean, I know I will be happy no matter what, and I do love the fact I have a choice. I'm just indecisive!

Members online

No members online now.