Dog Tag Information?

iriskai

I'm getting ready to order tag collars for the Skinnies. They're nekkid most of the time except for walks etc., but I travel with them frequently and would hate for something to happen and them get loose or lost. Going with GDS brightly colored TufFlex (pink and red) so hopefully if someone DOES see them, they'll see the collars and recognize them as dogs, not deer (because I've honestly had someone ask me if Mimi was a 'baby deer' before).

What information do you include on your tags/plates?

I'm having GDS add a second plate on each collar. "Needs daily meds" on the top of both plates to hopefully add a sense of urgency to get them back to me. The first plate will list my first name, city and state (in case I'm out of state and someone gets lost), my cell and my work number. The second plate will include 'REWARD', my mom's first name and cell and each of their respective breeder's first name and cell numbers. Haven't ordered yet if anyone has a better suggestion!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well I'm lame. My tags just have their names and my cell phone number. Happy's tag says "I am microchipped" but that was because I didn't know the rescue was going to send me her Avid tag.

iriskai

Well I'm lame. My tags just have their names and my cell phone number. Happy's tag says "I am microchipped" but that was because I didn't know the rescue was going to send me her Avid tag.
Lol! My plan might be a little overkill!

I didn't think to put 'chipped' on either of them, I guess because if I found a dog I'd call the number(s) before taking them to the vet/shelter to get scanned?

Cardiparty

I think I do over kill, too, when it comes to tags.

They have their rabies tag, county dog license tag, a scannable GPS Smart phone Pet ID tag by platinum pets, and a regular identification tag. Plus, both are microchipped.

Frankly, if anyone takes them and tries to keep them, they'll get what they deserve. I say this because this morning Lil' Sis got into the diaper pail /insertgrosspoopstoryhere

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We have "REWARD" and two phone numbers. That being said many have asked if our dogs names are reward. lol

Denis made Sloans new one that says "Hi! I'm Sloan!" Which is hilariously friendly to me knowing the dog.

Our new fetching tags will have a catch phrase and our cell phones, probably.

I did have an old set that said "I'm traveling".

Emily's says Reward if Found, Needs Medicine, her name, and phone number.
Bayleigh's just says her name and number.
Pirate's says his name, number, and reward if found.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Nameplates for us say:

Help me get home
Owner (phone number)
Vet (phone number)
City, State

Tags say:

Loose = Lost
Owner (phone number)
Vet (phone number)
City, State
Microchipped

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Lol! My plan might be a little overkill!

I didn't think to put 'chipped' on either of them, I guess because if I found a dog I'd call the number(s) before taking them to the vet/shelter to get scanned?
Yeah I just figured if I don't answer my phone or something then at least they know she has a chip, which for that I have alternate contact numbers as well.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I put microchipped on the tag purely so people know my dogs are permanently identifiable to prevent them from getting any ideas.

SpringerLover

The ones I just ordered from GDS for Frodo, Siri, and Bailey say:

Dog name
phone 1
phone 2
REWARD

Most of the tags I have are generic without a name. They say:
I AM LOST
REWARD
phone 1
phone 2
phone 3
(I love Boomerang 1" tags, I can fit SO MUCH STUFF).

That being said... I have an excessive number of tags and some are a little different.

I might have as many tags as some people have collars. I should count those today.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey's said:

Front : Rosey

Back: If Alone, I am lost.
(613) 321-xxxx
(613) 710-xxxx
2226B street here

The ferrets all say:

Name
(613)321-xxxx

The ferrets also have little capsules with a peice of paper rolled up in it, that states that they need daily meds, what vet we use (can return here), our full address, 3 phone numbers, and my name. Renegade's also says "Severe Allergies -- Do Not Feed". Renegade and Nacho's also say "Not vaccinated for Rabies", with Ren's having a bite warning around food, though they shouldn't be feeding them. That way it's all out there.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I may win. Mine don't have tags and wear $5 cheap collars you can't see.

They're just... So small and hairy and you can't see anything on them. And they've never come close to being lost. I should probably microchip them at the least. Except for walks and training classes they're naked and nothing on them to identify them.

iriskai

They're just... So small and hairy and you can't see anything on them. And they've never come close to being lost. I should probably microchip them at the least. Except for walks and training classes they're naked and nothing on them to identify them.
I don't have tags for them currently, but they both came to me chipped. I'm more thinking unusual situation here. Car wreck etc.. If I'm around and awake, they're not going anywhere, leashed or not. Weirdo sighthounds with good recall. These are the first dogs I've ever owned where you could actually SEE their collars!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.

Yeah Lucy has actually never had an ID tag either. But the idea of her getting lost is almost laughable lol that dog is always underfoot.

Happy is the only one who NEEDS tags because she's the only one who would wander off and not care. Juno mostly just wears her tag for the tagline on it. :p

I have been fairly nomadic as of late and I don't want to get a new tag every time I move so I just have their names and my cell number on it.

Toller_08

I used to put:

Dog name
my cell
mom's cell
city, province

The last tags I bought though I just put the two cell phone numbers and our city/province without names. That way I can use them on anybody's collar.

BostonBanker

Mine just have my cell and their names on their Fetching tags. My old tags also said "Owner will cover vet bills" in hopes that any emergency treatment wouldn't be delayed if I couldn't be reached. I kEep meaning to add that again.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My Phone Number
Spouse's Phone Number
Email Address
"If I'm loose, I'm lost; Please help me home!"

Members online

No members online now.