Who else here is stubborn?

Paige

Let it be
As the title reads. Who else is stubborn and when does your stubborn side rear it's head?

I am pretty calm, cool and collected most of the time. I go with the flow, I'm easy going... but every now and again I dig my heels into the ground and will not budge when it comes to an argument. No one takes Briggs anywhere unless I install his carseat, rearfacing, into their vehicle. It is not up for discussion. Ever. Don't like it? Tough cookies. I don't car if he is over the age, height and weight minimums to be forward facing. I have a carseat that rearfaces till 45lbs and till he maxes that weight out he will not be forward facing. Do what you want with your own children but this little monster is mine and my say is the final say.

/ROAR

So what about you all?:popcorn:

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Notoriously stubborn.

I do not like to lose debates. I will take my argument to the gates of Hades, kick in the door and take up my case with the devil himself. Been working on that one.

I will also do things my way. Book says I can't do that? I'll make it work. Try me. (more often than not, I'm right. It DOES work. Might not be the best way to do that, but it works)

Taqroy

Me. I'm really really stubborn. When I KNOW I'm right I don't give in. I hold grudges and I don't forgive easily either. I had all of my faults listed out by a relative yesterday, they're pretty fresh in my mind. :p

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I wouldn't say stubborn. I am fairly open mindef to new ideas and can accept a different approach or opinion fairly well.

However, I do fight for what I believe in and I am passionate about it. If you want to call that stubborn, then so be it.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I am extremely stubborn. I am a Taurus, and people tell me I can be quite like the bull. :p

I can't think of ways in which I'm stubborn, it just comes down to the situation.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Nope. Not stubborn. Malleable as putty, which can also be not good. :p

The boyfriend is horrendously stubborn. HORRENDOUSLY. It can make for some bad clashes in feelings.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I'm not stubborn per se. But I have been called passive aggressive. I can generally get what I need in one way or another, and people still think I'm sweet. I put up a good front :p

One thing I've noticed is I hate being told what to do. Especially by those younger then me, or those high up in authority who don't know me. I'm fine with coaches and people my age or those who know me really well, but I hate being told what I can or can't do.

AliciaD

On second thought...
I used to be stubborn in an argumentative way, now I'm stubborn in a sarcastic kind of way. It's more annoying, and if I can't prove I'm right I will at least prove that I am more annoying.

Well . . . the few who really know both of us will tell you that Kharma and I are basically the same person. We can dig our heels in and be completely intractable, but it's going to be for a good reason (at least in our estimation) and we are pretty choosey about our battles.

Most of the time.

Or we can be knowingly capricious about them. ;)

So yah, there's a stubborn streak, but we both try to use it for good :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm mildly stubborn, I would say. If I think I'm right then I'm pretty sure I'm right unless someone just has amazing logic that will prove me wrong, and even then I won't cede my point without a fight. And typically, that results in me saying, "Yes, I understand and what you are saying makes perfect sense, but so does what I'm saying." LOL

If I really want something, then I dig in my heels and won't give it up. I have mastered the art of compromising, though, so while I still get what I want the other person feels like they have accomplished something, too.

And I'm also a bit contrary. If someone says, "You wouldn't do XYZ" I am always tempted to do XYZ just to prove them wrong. LOL "You wouldn't just drive away and leave me here." "TRY ME."

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm stubborn by nature. I have to tell myself that not every battle is worth fighting and just give in sometimes.

When I do care enough about something to educate myself and form an opinion on it, I stick to my opinion. I'm plenty open minded, but it takes a compelling argument or experience to change the way I think about things I care about.

I'm also one of those stupid people that has to learn things the hard way. I tend not to heed warnings and it gets me into trouble.

yoko

I am really stubborn. It usually starts off as passive aggressive but as I'm pushed it usually moves to sarcasm and just outright 'YOU ARE WRONG'.

-.- Been trying to work on that but it's a long process.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Me lol.

But I tend to be quite passive at times, too. I don't have strong feelings on a lot of subjects. Most things I can go either way on. But the things I do have strong feelings about, I will argue about all day and night.

My parents probably think I'm extremely stubborn, because I am when it comes to them, lol! I could argue with my mom for days on end, but I think that's because we're a lot alike. We both think we're right, and neither of us know when to shut up. XD I would be the same way with my dad, but he doesn't let me be. He tells me to stop before I even get started arguing, and I do, lol! No matter how much it frustrates me because I want to argue my side until people understand where I'm coming from, and what I'm talking about. I usually just can't let it go, lol!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Me lol.

But I tend to be quite passive at times, too. I don't have strong feelings on a lot of subjects. Most things I can go either way on. But the things I do have strong feelings about, I will argue about all day and night.

My parents probably think I'm extremely stubborn, because I am when it comes to them, lol! I could argue with my mom for days on end, but I think that's because we're a lot alike. We both think we're right, and neither of us know when to shut up. XD I would be the same way with my dad, but he doesn't let me be. He tells me to stop before I even get started arguing, and I do, lol! No matter how much it frustrates me because I want to argue my side until people understand where I'm coming from, and what I'm talking about. I usually just can't let it go, lol!
This. I'm that way with both my parents, though XD Especially my dad. We are VERY similar, and just butt heads all the time.

Paige

Let it be
Hah I am glad I'm not the only one. I'm usually pretty passive. I will give in because I try to hold the peace but when my fuse blows do not poke this sleeping dragon as I get mean, stubborn and I will not apologize as you pushed me to my breaking point. One of my lines is "I do not feel sorry and unless I do I am not apologizing to you."

Very few things bring this out in me. They oddly all have to do with my son and my dog. Don't cross me when it comes to my babies. Your head will be ripped off. I go from very sweet and kind to down right aggressive in how I feel.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
I am normally the passive one. Doug calls me the queen of compromise. I can be stuborn when i am in defence of others, whether four legged or two.

Members online

No members online now.