Rose

RD

Are you dead yet?
Found my camera. Only one pic turned out. :( The ones my mom took were really overexposed and all you could see were the patches of red and black on Rose and Dakota, lol!

Their initial introduction, mom doing her best to haul Dakota back. he *really* liked her.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Not yet. She's a prospect though, a 1.5 year old rescue dog. Sweet as can be, a little shy but it didn't stop her from making friends with my rambunctious Dakota.

Kase

Awwww shes beautiful! I didn't know you were thinking about getting her.

RD

Are you dead yet?
It's a relatively new consideration, Kase. :) Just met her yesterday. She's a new foster; isn't even up on the rescue website yet.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Thanks. I do too! Both the boys are already sold on her; it's dad and the cats we need to butter up! :D

Aww thank you Anna :) If she wouldn't fit in here for whatever reason, I hope she gets a fabulous home. She deserves it.

Toller_08

Rose is absolutely gorgeous! I love red Border Collies. :)

Good luck! I hope you're able to have her.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
She's adorable. Is she larger than Dakota? She looks like it in the picture. And of course His Ripliness would love her....another lucky subject to bask in his glory. :rolleyes:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Gemp, she's about an inch taller and a few pounds heavier (she has a much "thicker" frame, Dakota is very slim and rather fine-boned) The difference in size isn't that big though, Dakota just wasn't standing up in the pic.

I was actually shocked that Ripley liked her. He doesn't like "big" dogs but Rose is so shy and sweet, she gave him time to approach her on His Majesty's own terms and they were fine with each other. By the time we left, he was following her. He found his queen, lol!

I really, really wasn't in the market for another dog so soon, especially not an adult dog, because Ripley just doesn't make friends easily :rolleyes: But if Rose is really as polite and gentle as I thought, and can get along with everyone, I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Awww she is beautiful RD!!! :D His Majesty has found his Queen! :p ROFL

Heheheh she wears purple too! :p

So is she full BC?

Dreeza

Thanks. I do too! Both the boys are already sold on her; it's dad and the cats we need to butter up! :D
pshh, just do what we did...dont tell the dad you are bringing home a dog, and bring her home while he is away on a business trip :D

that way, a dad who hates dogs that wild, spastic jumpy dogs, can be totally shocked when he comes home to just that :D And then, less than a month later, you'll catch him petting that dog that he once hated when he thinks no one is looking...and you just know, he loves the new doggy!!!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Beautiful girl! If it suits everyone's situation, I hope you end up with her. :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yep Lizmo, she's a purebred smooth BC (at least we think so, no papers to prove it but she acts BC) I love her tri markings. It's a pretty cream color instead of the usual dark tan/medium brown.

My dad is rolling his eyes whenever we mention it, but MOM is pushing this too, something that's only happened twice . . . both times, I've wound up with a dog. I'm cautiously optimistic, lol.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yep Lizmo, she's a purebred smooth BC (at least we think so, no papers to prove it but she acts BC) I love her tri markings. It's a pretty cream color instead of the usual dark tan/medium brown.
Oh a SMOOTH BC!! Oh Okay!! ;) :D

Because I did not think she looked BCish in that pic of her and Dakota! ;)

Members online

No members online now.