Considering another cat

mrose_s

BusterLove
now Panda has very much always been the boss cat of our household. and he doesn't like other cats. he grew up with another cat called billy. but billy ran away, i think our family was too loud for him.

so we just left panda in peace over the last 7 or so years. but mum actually said she would almost consider another cat if the right one came up.

we'd have to be careful because we know Panda doesn't like other cats much. actually the only cat i have seen him get near him AT ALL since billy was this one little cat from our next door neighbours. it had obvious brain damage, it would zig zag as it walked, and was on an angle, ran into things etc. there was just something not all there.

now i remember catching panda on many occasion (remember panda is the same cat that will chase another cat up our street if he see's it or attack a dog that gets onto our driveway) and i caught him so many times with this little brain damaged cat sitting right beside him.

it relaly amazed me because panda was determind to hate all other cats but just this one he would let into sit with him. he makes me wonder soemthimes.

i would say that our next cat if we get one would most likley be from a shelter.

mrose_s

BusterLove
yeah i know. it wasn't a "okay lets go and get another cat" decidision. but it was just an idea. he doesn't go looking for fights anymore and he'd probably be easier if we had a little girl, plus he lived with billy for about 18 months without a problem.

we'll just see what comes up. and we'll probably see to do a trial period first to make sure he's okay with it.

Members online

No members online now.