New Saluki and Rottweiller fellow

Hi all,

I came across this site while trying to figure out why my 5 month old saluki was acting like she was in heat and humping my poor 5 month old male Rottweiler. Well turned out she is in heat eventhough she is way too young for it, usually happens at 8-12 months for salukis...

My question now is do I have to separate them, ill post this question in the appropriate forum, in the meanwhile, i really like this gathering of dog people and hope to learn allot and share what I can.

Regards,

Napoleon

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! :) Post any questions you may have in their sections and of course you'll get the help you need. :)
Yes, it's very important for them to be seperated.

skyeboxer

Oh my! A saluki and a rottie. Two gorgous dogs for completely different reasons. Please post photos of your pups.

To be safe, I'd seperate them. They're both 5 months? Are you intending on getting them neutered? If so, when? 5 months is not to young for either of them.

aivzdog

Welcome to Chaz!! This place is a great place to talk about and ask questions about your dog. Dont be shy. This is the place to get answers.

Anna

DogSty

lol, that is bad, but my friend's problem is worse...

one of his dogs are humping another, and THEY'RE BOTH MALE!!!
I need help too...

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Sometimes dogs hump to establish dominance...my female lab humps my 18lb male terrier mix to declare her dominance sometimes when they play. They are both fixed.

LOL well i have mostly males..and it seems theyre all gay..o_O
the rottweiler's a good size, very handsome and the saluki? I think this is the first time ive ever seen or heard of one...is beautiful! Love the tail! :D
I also like your door.

Members online

No members online now.