Mary's got a sour stomach and some sour gassers too

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary has had some kind of intestinal diress for the last few days..at first she seemed like she didn't feel well, even slept infront of the space heater until she was almost too toasty. Then she went through a real grass eating stage. Usually something like this passes (literally)by now, but yesterday she began vomitting her food..she still is terribly hungry, but she always is acting like this for keeping her weight done is not easy. Tonight she is flatulant..i am about to hide outside. Anybody got an idea of something i could give her that would make a difference? If she isn't better by Monday we will go to the vet. She doesn't seem to be in pain, what ever made her feel bad the first two days is gone. she has perked up .but o my the woman do stink!

Smkie, try giving Mary some . . . you guessed it . . . YOGHURT! Or even whole milk buttermilk if she'll drink it.

And if the gas is distressing her, you can give her a Phazyme for the gas. I learned that one night in a panicked research when Shiva had gobbled and ended up distended with gas. I could just picture it being bloat, and couldn't get Charley to get worried with me. The Phazyme straightened her out though. I got her to stand in front of me and I patted her sides like you would a baby's back when you're burping it and she belched a couple of times and felt much better. Of course I made a big fuss over her and hugged her when she belched, so now if she feels a big one coming on, she comes to me and gets right in my face and lets it fly . . . and wants a hug :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
lol oh you are so funny! and so full of great advice..i got some custard yogurt in the fridge with live cultures..i will go get that gurl some right now. Thanks

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary says thank you so much what a tasty treat..great idea..give mom some more ideas like that..yummmmy key lime too! VIctor got to lick the spoon...darn..he thought that was actually interesting. How come she gets a bowl full?

How is Mary's tummy today? A little yoghurt every day is a good thing for dogs. It's a lot cheaper when you get one big tub. You can usually get the big tubs in vanilla as well as plain. Of course, they like the vanilla better, lol!

Debi

Funny thing...I was giving both dogs a tad of yogurt daily mixed in their food. It was plain (gonna go with vanilla next time) And Addie was a tooting machine. It was pretty funny cause she'd even looked startled...then look around wondering what it was. We thought we were gonna pass out a couple nights...and burned a few scented candles. I eliminated the yogurt for a couple days...and she's stopped. Think in her case it was the yogurt??????

It was probably the bacteria in her system getting re-balanced with the yoghurt. You might try a different brand next time and see what happens.

Just a note - Shiva's quit being a fartblossom since I went from the regular Innova to the EVO formula. She wasn't too bad before, except when she'd "forage" :rolleyes: but she's pretty much quit entirely now.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary went to bed a happy happy dog..will get her some of her own vanilla to be sure.. the key lime custard is for me..tho she sure thought that was good! She ate her breakfast great so we will see how the day goes.

Members online

No members online now.