The Good News thread

CaliTerp07

See I cant stand Maui it's like a tourist trap!
We have a place on the big island which I love love love and Kauai is amazingly beautiful!
The only two islands I've been to are Maui and Oahu, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Now that I'm on the east coast instead of California, all our vacations have been to the caribbean or Europe, since the plane tickets to Hawaii are loooooooooong and $$$! One day we'll be back though :) My uncle's sister owns a bed and breakfast on Kauai that I'm hopeful we'll stay in at some point.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
The only two islands I've been to are Maui and Oahu, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Now that I'm on the east coast instead of California, all our vacations have been to the caribbean or Europe, since the plane tickets to Hawaii are loooooooooong and $$$! One day we'll be back though :) My uncle's sister owns a bed and breakfast on Kauai that I'm hopeful we'll stay in at some point.
Awesome! You will love it.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I forgot to mention this in the flurry of stuff, but I got a letter in the mail from the ASSA that said "invitation to participate" on the outside. I thought that was kinda weird but since Auggie and I were at Sheltie Nationals last year (or two years ago?), I thought maybe it was an invite to come to Sheltie Nats again.

Well, that's not what it was. It's an invite to participate in the performance section of their annual because Auggie got advanced performance titles.

Of course participating means buying an ad, which isn't cheap, and then of course you have to buy the annual.
I'm probably totally doing it anyway. Because it's Auggie.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I survived my 2 kitty dentals today. :p

And my tea actually stayed hot for most of the morning lol. So that's nice. Last time I brought tea to work, I obviously didn't heat the water up as much as I thought I did because it was like... lukewarm when I got to work. Ewww.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
LOL when I was ill I made a bunch of hot tea in the coffee pot & every time i poured a cup I would either doze off & forget it or whatever, so I just gave uo & dranj it cold LOL.

the fever made me si thirsty that I idnt care if it was cold or not.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Its my birthday! :beer:
And im at work. With a sinus infection. And cramps from hell. But I don't care cause its MY BIRTHDAY!

Also we need a Who Are You? 2013 Edition. Just sayin'

Its my birthday! :beer:
And im at work. With a sinus infection. And cramps from hell. But I don't care cause its MY BIRTHDAY!

Also we need a Who Are You? 2013 Edition. Just sayin'
Happy Birthday! Does anybody drink Hot Toddies anymore?

Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy​

You could probably skip the Jack Daniel's and it would still work somewhat.

Well, today is a good day. One of those days where you realize that life-changing stuff really is possible. And I'm not talking about the end of menopause, THAT would be a post for the "Venting" thread because I don't think that's EVER going to end.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The third contractor came over to look at my flooring and give me a quote on re-finishing the wood floors, and it's the most affordable quote AND he is the guy who came highly highly recommended...
I'm pretty sure I will call him tomorrow and have him do it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I bought new dog beds, and since I put them down the dogs haven't been out of them! They're water resistant and tough, so hoping they don't get so stinky and ruined!

Had my first day of classes today and loved all of them, even my back to back organic chem-organic chem-bio in the morning. Really happy that I got into an art class this semester too - I really missed drawing.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We were supposed to have a video session for my English class tomorrow running from 6-8:30. BUT IT WAS CANCELED DUE TO THE COLD. :banana:

The one good thing this nostril-hair-freezing weather has done.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Josh said if I can figure out a loan or payment plan of some sort I can go through Karen Pryor Academy!!! This is a huge deal for me because I really want to go through KPA. It's expensive, but it will be so worth it.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Josh said if I can figure out a loan or payment plan of some sort I can go through Karen Pryor Academy!!! This is a huge deal for me because I really want to go through KPA. It's expensive, but it will be so worth it.
Just make sure this is what you want to do. I know (or at least this is how it used to be) that you could lose your certification if someone reported you for using aversive techniques, and I know you use a prong with Cricket. Just saying that it would REALLY suck to spend all that money, and then not even be able to use the KPA certification on your resume.

But if it's really what you want to do then I say go for it!!

(I could never be KPA cause I'd probably fail all the exams for saying "ah ah" too much :p I just can't seem to get that out of my training vocab, nor do I think I need to in every instance)

Members online

No members online now.