2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

JacksonsMom

OH and if anyone wants it here is a youtube video of Hip Hop Abs last minute abs. It's a 5 minute workout but it is QUITE a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwnhmt_8Se4
I'm doing this tomorrow!

you've inspired me...

Especially after my day today :rolleyes: We had a "snow" day (and got nothing but RAIN and nasty wind) so the whole fam was home today, and we lounged around and ate terrible. Easy Mac, pizza, and cookies. *horrible* day. No activity whatsoever. So I feel terrible about myself and am stepping it up x1000 tomorrow, lol. But not so bad that I hurt myself, my shin is still a bit sore, but feeling better. I'm just gonna skip the jump rode motion and any high impact on my knees.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Been out of sorts the last few days. Kids are sick (oldest was diagnosed yesterday with pneumonia) and I pulled an all-nighter at work Monday night. I feel like I'm starting to get back to normal. Just did the 10 minute cardio and then 10 minute yoga flex. Feels good. Going to get some dinner and then go out to the store (messed up my sneakers).

A couple more days until I weigh in, but I'm not overly worried about the scale. Overall, it's moving in the right direction. Close fit better, people have noticed my weight loss and most importantly, I feel better.

I'm not sure why I always jump off the exercise wagon after I reach a goal. I love the "fit" feeling.
Did a third workout tonight - total body. Good stuff. Happily eating some crackers and cheese feeling the burn.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I'm doing this tomorrow!

you've inspired me...

Especially after my day today :rolleyes: We had a "snow" day (and got nothing but RAIN and nasty wind) so the whole fam was home today, and we lounged around and ate terrible. Easy Mac, pizza, and cookies. *horrible* day. No activity whatsoever. So I feel terrible about myself and am stepping it up x1000 tomorrow, lol. But not so bad that I hurt myself, my shin is still a bit sore, but feeling better. I'm just gonna skip the jump rode motion and any high impact on my knees.
Do you have an account on teambeachbody.com if so do you have anyone listed as your coach. If you have a coach on there you will get some bonus stuff with the rockin body package that you don't get if you don't have a coach referral. I can refer you to a coach if you need one

As for your pain, yes.. Modify. Always modify to suit whatever your needs are. My coach stresses this a lot. When I pulled something in my glutes he stressed modification. Icould still workout I just had to tweak some things so I could cushion that injury but not go completely opposite and end up doing nothing at all. :)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Just put my money where my mouth is. A group of us on another forum have joined a weight loss challenge. $15 buy-in. Top prize is half the cash collected, the rest of the cash is distributed on a "weighted" scale to the runner's up.

I forgot to grab a cinder block and fill my pockets with pennies prior to my weigh-in, though :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Awesome Eddie :) I'm part of a facebook challenge group, too. it's great

I'm starting a new program today (hip hop abs) so I decided to weigh in and do my measurements before I start.

last time I weighed in I was 190... today I was 187.8 :) and I'm down another 2 inches between my waist, hips and thighs. that's 10 inches total since I started and a little over 17 lbs lost

I was working with my Pastors wife yesterday and she came up and pinched the side of my jeans and said Look at this loose sag in your jeans here and I laughed and said "I KNOW... and they are fresh out of the dryer today woohoo" lol

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Good weigh-in today. Below 255 now. Workouts are still hard enough to make me sweat hard and raise my heart rate way up, but they are getting "easier". Time to step it up some more.

Bought new running/training shoes this week and they help a little. Nice cushioning compared to what I had been wearing. Makes a difference when I'm working out in the basement. Concrete slab with just a carpet.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
WOW!!!! My first day of Hip Hop Abs called for the 30 minute Fat burning cardio. I was feeling good at the end of that and decided to do the 25 minute Hips, buns and thighs... Holy crap on a cracker my butt is on FIRE lol.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Dude I totally can't do a pullup, hahaha. I bought myself a pullup bar because they had them on the cheap at TJMaxx, and I was like "ooh! I totally want to do a pullup!" I was optimistic that maybe I could bust out at least one with crappy form... NOPE.
Assisted pullups it is! Let's see how long it takes to get there...

However I can totally do hanging crunches on the pull-up bar and that's super fun too.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished 50 minutes of Cardio Groove :). Got my finger caught in my shoelace during one of the moves but it's cool LOL

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got a new door attachment for my resistance bands this weekend, so I added the "upper body" and "total body 2" workouts into the rotation. It will be nice to have some additional variety. I did upper body last night, but I think I'll need to increase the resistance for future rounds. It wasn't hard enough. I was only using the medium band, though. I'll either go to the heavy one or use the medium and the light (I can hook up to three on the handles).

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Another good day. Kept to the good foods, did my workout and really worked hard keeping the heart rate as high as possible.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I've done awful since Friday.

First, I just.. didn't eat. Then I was finally feeling like I could eat at dinnertime today, so I ate ALL THE PIZZA and drank ALL THE COKE.

Oh, and chocolate. And alcohol. All the alcohol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yaaaay my Shaun T's Rockin Body dvds came today. After doing my scheduled hip hop abs workout I am going to throw in a short rockin Body just for fun.

JacksonsMom

I was away all weekend and didn't do too bad! I didn't exercise (well, we did lots of walking) but I ate decent, which is huuugeee for me. Usually when out and about with friends, all we do is EAT, but I kept calories to a minimum, only had one alcoholic drink, drank lots of water, skipped out on the fries, etc, and cupcakes (everyone else was eating them).

Back to my scheduled programming now of my work outs....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have seven weeks until my half-marathon.

Now is when I begin to panic.

I was going to go to the gym and run on the treadmill because it's snowing and foggy outside again today, and then I was like "NOPE only seven weeks. ALL PAVEMENT ALL THE TIME."
ffffffffffffffff

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Just finished my scheduled 30 minute Fat burning cardio from Hip Hop Abs and decided to throw a short 25 minute workout from the new program I received today, Rockin Body. Man, it was only 25 minutes but that was no joke. Definitely got the sweat pourin. It was actually dripping from my hair lol

Members online

No members online now.