normal for my dog?

My dog is a APBT and she is very friendly. My dog is very nice and scared of everything!! Shes scared of everything possible even a peice of paper lol. I love my dog and I do not want to make her vicious, but i do want a strong guard dog and a good protector for the family, this is the reason why I
I like APBT's because they show great courage and loyalty. Shes even scared of tiny dogs, especially if they bark at her. Is this normal for dogs or is it maybe shes still young (about 6 months old). I want her to be a very friendly dog but also a good protector and guard dog but I dont no if she will grow out of being scared of everything. :mad:

This isn't unusual behaviour for a six month old pup. What you need to do, though, to make sure that she does grow out of it is take her out and socialize with her, encourage her to interact with other dogs, take her places with you whenever possible, especially if it involves being around people. Make sure she gets plenty of positive reinforcement from you when she's being confident and friendly. Going to the bank is always fun, take her to the pet store where you get her food, outdoor shopping, craft fairs, festivals, just anywhere you can take a dog. This will give her confidence, which is the key ingredient. I'm having to concentrate on that with Shiva, who at this point doesn't have that overwhelming self-confidence you see in so many Filas. I can see a difference in her every time we go somewhere. People admire her and make a big fuss over her and you can almost see her confidence grow by the minute.

My Dobie was the same way as a pup. Scared of everything that moved. But he grew out of it as I keep taking him out with me. They get used to it after awhile.

Members online

No members online now.