Emailed Maya's breeder tonight.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
I sent an email to Letrisha tonight. I am curious to see what Maya's littermates look like at 1 year old (Maya's birthday is on Sunday).

I was really nice (even though this woman makes me want to scream) and politely asked her if it would be possible to get in touch with the people who bought Maya's Littermates.

If she even responds, I doubt that she would even consider helping me out with this.
But I am really curious if they are tiny like Maya is or not.

Doberman mommy

I love Dobe kisses!
I keep checking back on the site from where Leo came to see if she has new pics of his sisters that she kept. It's crazy how quick they grow!

SarahFish

I take it you don't like the breeder?
It's a good idea though, getting in touch with them. I know Lui's brother and sister and see them every now and then, but as for the rest of them, there were 11, I haven't got a clue.
You've got me thinking now, I might do the same, though 7 1/2 years is a lot more than 1!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
cool.
I got Maya from a lady about 30 minutes from me (by Ackley)
and it turns out she is a HORRIBLE breeder.

About Dobermans growing quickly... you might be suprised.
I would be willing to bet a million dollars that Leo at 4 months is as big or bigger than Maya at 1 year old.
Maya is probably the smallest doberman you will ever meet. I just cant keep weight on her. She eats a ton! she gets 5 cups of Cannidae per day but yet I still think she is really skinny.
Infact, I am planning on talking to Sizzle (she's my doberman expert) about that on Sunday.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
From the pics, I'd say that Maya looks pretty good. But of course seeing her in person would be better.;)

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
yeah... I cant help but think she is seriously too skinny.
I figured Sizzle would be able to give me some tips after seeing Maya in person.
I know that if I saw someone else with Maya (if she wasnt my dog) I would be wondering if the dog ever ate.

But I feed Maya like I said 5 cups a day and sometimes she doesnt even finish it all, sometimes she does.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
When Chyna was younger I had a tough time keeping weight on her. I just kept feeding her and eventually she started looking better. She still looks thin, but if I feed her any more, she starts looking chunky. Just ask Sizzle. She keeps telling me to either increase or decrease how much food she gets.

SarahFish

My dog isn't a Doberman but he is underweight too. We feed him extra but he just doesn't keep the weight on. Complete opposite the the cat though.

Doberman mommy

I love Dobe kisses!
Yeah Leo eats a TON as well, but he's gaining weight nicely. It's hard to find Doberman breeders in Iowa it seems. We looked forever. I just had a blow out forum on another site about "How bad Leo is, because he comes from a BYB"

And that is why I am here! :)

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
we dont harp on people. Maya was from a backyard breeder as well and nobody tried to make me feel bad about it. Instead they educated me without being too pushy.
Honestly, you'll like it here!

Hillside

Original Twin
So there is yet another Iowan on Chaz now? Wooohoo!! We seriously need to have a full on meet up. Well maybe not entirely full on since Ronin doesn't like boys, but as close as we can get anyways. When's the next show?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Hillside - the next show is in January, but I'm not sure if I'm goign since I also have a UKC show in Illinois that might suck up all of my money. If I can get him pro-handled for free (which might actually happen, whoodathunk!?!) I might just enter him!

Hillside

Original Twin
Well darn it Sizz. Bad girl. Just as long as you don't miss Django's obedience premeire. (and who knows when that will be... consider yourself warned though.) You know I have had him for almost 6 months and he still hasn't met his Auntie Sizzle...

Dobermommy, I am from Duluth, Minnesota, but I am currently in Des Moines.

Maya, any word from your breeder?

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
nope, not yet.

I really doubt she will respond, and if she does She most likely wont offer to help me.

Members online

No members online now.