Trick of the week: Rollover!

SaraB

Pretty self-explanatory trick this week, a classic! Rollover. A crowd pleaser, a cute addition to a disc routine or as a way to improve back flexibility.

If your dog already knows this trick, work on multiple rollovers, rollover in both directions and from a distance. Another twist is to rollover while holding a blanket so that the dog rolls themselves up in a blanket burrito! Tons of funstuff with this one. :D

Ready... Set... Go!

Marsh already knows rollover, but I'm working on chaining it together with sit pretty.

So first I hold him up, then I shoot him :p

Ok. not there yet at all, but we're having fun. I decided to break it into two major steps. The first is "flop" or lay on your side. Then add an "over" to it. This is also my first attempt to video our training. I apologize. It was impromptu, real quick before I got ready for work. Next time I'll make sure to sweep the floor before hand. I also found out my camera has sound. Sweet, but you might also want to do it with the sound off. Remember, I didn't think it had sound when I was recording.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ8gfulvdWk[/YOUTUBE]

Helps if I add the video instead of inserting the link as an image. Le sigh

Last edited:
This is more about Marsh's sit pretty than the roll over, but I've been working on chaining them together. It's... not all that fluid XD

[YOUTUBE]TjY8xeDxwTY[/YOUTUBE]

DenoLo

I tried to teach this to Lo years ago, and she decided that it meant "stand up and spin real fast" and I just rewarded it because she figured it out spin all on her own and loved it.

So I think I'll try and teach it again and see what happens

Members online

No members online now.