2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Isn't it crazy how good you feel after a hard workout?! If you would have told me a year and a half ago that I would feel this way, I would have told you you were insane. Lol.

I pushed and ran 5k on the treadmill today... And marked 60lbs lost :)
Really. I have never felt good after workouts in te past but lately it feels AMAZING. I feel so strong, accomplished and happy after a workout. It is so foreign to me but it is awesome :)

Congrats on your miles and your weight loss :D. Incredible

LOL thanks Dak... Yea quite literally lol

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I've been feeling not so well the past couple days, and I'm falling off the wagon :(

I had hot chocolate today. NO BUENO!

And I haven't worked out in 3 days and I feel like all the awesome that was occurring is just ending and that stresses me out which makes me want to EAT!

It's just the suck and I need to snap myself the heck out of it!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I plan on being down to my goal by March 5th. Well hopefully close. Paleo + workouts + my body does great.
Dad has a book about blood types and diets. So far, its proving true my dad (44 - been on Paleo longest and lost 60lbs in 5 months back in the beginning of 2011 and hasn't gained it back.) cousin (female, mid-20s), and myself (female, 22) are doing Paleo. Different ages and sexes, different activity levels, different body types. Only thing that's the same is our blood type: O+.
So far so good. I'll see what the name of the book is and post it here for Paleo folks.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I've been feeling not so well the past couple days, and I'm falling off the wagon :(

And I haven't worked out in 3 days and I feel like all the awesome that was occurring is just ending and that stresses me out which makes me want to EAT!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :thumbup:
Get back up, dust yourself off, and jump back on the bandwagon.

ETA: Omg it worked! I've been trying for days to post a picture on here lol

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe

If hot chocolate has been your biggest setback, I'd say you're still doing pretty okay. ;) Grab some hot chocolate from the international section of the grocery store. I got some European Cadbury cocoa and it's like four ingredients - all things I can actually pronounce and understand, lol. If you're avoiding it because of the dairy, maybe use almond milk?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

Take a deep breath. You didn't fall off the wagon. You had a few bad days. You made a few bad decisions. OWN your decisions, recognize it was less than what you aim for, and next time, make a better decision.
That was yesterday. Today is today. So maybe you had a crappy lunch - so what? That was lunch, this is dinner.

[YOUTUBE]5zCy3EWs9Q0[/YOUTUBE]

One bad decision will not destroy everything you have worked for. Continuing to make bad decisions based on "well, I already screwed up" is what will destroy everything you have worked for.
Don't let it destroy you.
Your decisions are YOUR decisions. Make the next one a better decision.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes Beanie, awesome post. this is the trap thattoo many fall into (including myself). "well today is already shot so might as well live it up and eat like crap... oh well there goes the weekend might as well mail it in... I've fallen too far to come back now so forget it"

I decided to take measurements yesterday (since I finally found my tape measure... it was in one of Hannahs toy drawers LOL WTH?). I am at 196.4 lbs today but I figure measurements will be a better way for me to guage my progress. I mean my pants are still fitting tight but I also feel like something is happening with my body. like maybe I look just a LITTLE different and maybe some of the pooch is coming off and what not. We shall see.

Today is a rest day for me. My legs are not nearly as sore as I was expecting after last nights workout but they are still weak and feel like jelly lol. I have a gym class with a dozen Kindergarteners today so that will be enough and I'm taking a rest day from my fitness program and then I'll get back on it tomorrow :)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm starting a 5 day per week boot camp on the 11th. I'm terrified but excited. I do best in class situations because I push myself to compete and keep up plus there's the accountability being in a group.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I'm starting a 5 day per week boot camp on the 11th. I'm terrified but excited. I do best in class situations because I push myself to compete and keep up plus there's the accountability being in a group.
That's how it is for me too. That's why I love fit club and having my friend doing it with me is great because she asks me everyday what workout I did today (except for my rest day lol) and she keeps me accountable and when we are at fit club with a group it just keeps us going that much harder. Everyones determination is contagious :)

Today I had a one hour gym class with the pre-k/K kids at co op. Holy crap those kids are fast lol. We played freeze tag and I ran as fast and as hard as I could and they STILL caught me.

After we got home I put in Turbo Jams Ab Jam. I needed to give my legs a little rest today after last nights fit club lol. my abs are on FIRE right now lol

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Thanks for the responses guys, I am back on the wagon today, workout and everything! :)
Yay, awesome job! Have I mentioned how much I love your sig?

Just got done with a 1.25 mile walk/run. 220cal burned! My hip hurts, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, after some talk with other paleo/primal folks, I've decided NOT to cut out the cheese... because I am way ridiculously low on my calories. Lower than I thought. I should be eating over 2200 calories a day.

I'm going to get a little personal for a minute. When I was a kid I was skinny, SUPER skinny. People made fun of me. My parents and family made fun of me. I wouldn't even eat a whole four piece chicken nugget by myself, I just didn't eat a lot and I was just skinny... my (overweight) aunt and uncle would laugh at how little food I put on my plate and call me a "mouse," "oh look at the little mouse eating," "Oh little mouse bites." In middle school I was cornered by three girls who demanded to know if I was anorexic, if I made myself throw up, "if you are, it's okay, you can tell us." Apparently it was a rumor.
So I started stuffing myself. I was tired of the comments so I developed a habit of overeating. I still vividly remember being proud of myself one day when I ordered a large pizza and ate the entire thing myself.

This exploded on me when puberty hit. Suddenly I was no longer just plain skinny, suddenly my hips and butt got big. And I was in this habit of overeating because I had forced myself to do it to stop the teasing.

It wasn't exactly difficult to stop overeating; I just had to learn portion control. I lost a LOT of weight in my early twenties by just changing my portion sizes. Which is basically my problem... I'm still eating the same size portions I ate when I was losing weight/not working out. But running three times a week, training for a half marathon, hard cross-training twice a week, and strength training/weight lifting... I can't sustain on that anymore.

So I have to eat more. A LOT more.

And I'm having a REALLY hard time with this because every part of my brain is screaming NO NO NO at the idea of forcing myself to overeat again.
There. I said it out loud.
I don't know how this is going to go.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Hit the "20 pounds lost" mark as of this morning.

That is all

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
(((hugs))) Beanie.
Get that horrible mindset out of the way. Dont even think about it. You will be fine. You look great! And are seriously one gorgeous woman.

Ok talked to a recruiter just now and I have 30 lbs left to lose. SO EXCITED! I need this weight gone like now lol But since that is impossible, I am about to work my ass off.

Kootenay

A little late here but I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, at least for a while! I haven't got much to lose but I'd like to drop about 5lbs. I'm 5' 5'' and 115lbs. A few years ago I was 120-125lbs and I spent about 3 weeks or a month actually paying attention to what I was eating and doing concentrated workouts (I get lots of exercise generally day to day but I started running on a treadmill about 5 days a week) and I dropped down to 110lbs, which I loved. I'd like to get back to that, just because I can see how the weight just slowly builds back up and I'd really rather it didn't just keep going.

Today's been a good day for eating so far, but not so great for exercise. I think I need to start running again even though the weather is awful these days!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Beanie, thank you for sharing your story :). (((HUGS)))

Since my scale isn't showing progress and I only juststarted measuring I decided to take another bra and undies photo and compare to my first one. It shows :D. Only a little and just in my mid section BUT IT IS NOTICEABLE. My body IS changing :D. Totally renews my determination.

Today was a crazy busy day with Hannahs gymnastics, bowling with the moms group and a playdate at a friends house. We didn't get home until 5 and I had to get chicken out to defrost for dinner and get Hannah something to eat and a few other things. It would have been so easy to justify blowing off todays workout but I didn't. I did a 45 minute Turbo sculpt :) and I rocked it. We didn't eat dinner until almost 7:30 lol but I didn't blow off my workout :)

Members online

No members online now.