Big Rant

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
This is just going to be a rant. You've been warned.

I was helping some lady and a guy and his spaniel/golden retriever came up and started talking to us. He started telling us how he always has his spaniel off leash in front of his house because he is his "protector." Then he says this one time his spaniel ran over to a lady and her pit bull and chomped straight on to the pit bulls butt. (At this point he started laughing at his dogs actions! :mad: ) So then he says the pit bull turned and tried to attack his dog but his spaniel/golden ran and came back and bit the pit bull a few more times on the butt until finally the lady and her pit bull got away. The guys said something about how great his dog is about protecting their street. At this point I'm shocked at how irresponsible this guy is and how he thinks his dog attacking another dog was funny!

You know what the lady I was previously helping said? "You are lucky that pit bull didn't kill your dog! Those things are killers!!!!"

SERIUOSLY!!?!? WTF???? :yikes: :mad: At that point his dog squats and poo's all over the floor. The guy looks up at me and says "oops, guess we should get going, bye!" as he walks away.

At that point all I could do was sit there like this ---->>> :yikes:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
WTF? :eek: I can list about 10 stupid things that guy did. And just one more way APBTs get a bad name. :( Even if if another dog started it and even if the "pit bull" didn't fight back (which sounds like what happened here)- guess who gets the blame?
Sorry, BB. I know what it's like to just want to shake some sense into people and make them responsible for their pets. But people are idiots.

~Tucker&Me~

This is just going to be a rant. You've been warned.

I was helping some lady and a guy and his spaniel/golden retriever came up and started talking to us. He started telling us how he always has his spaniel off leash in front of his house because he is his "protector." Then he says this one time his spaniel ran over to a lady and her pit bull and chomped straight on to the pit bulls butt. (At this point he started laughing at his dogs actions! :mad: ) So then he says the pit bull turned and tried to attack his dog but his spaniel/golden ran and came back and bit the pit bull a few more times on the butt until finally the lady and her pit bull got away. The guys said something about how great his dog is about protecting their street. At this point I'm shocked at how irresponsible this guy is and how he thinks his dog attacking another dog was funny!

You know what the lady I was previously helping said? "You are lucky that pit bull didn't kill your dog! Those things are killers!!!!"

SERIUOSLY!!?!? WTF???? :yikes: :mad: At that point his dog squats and poo's all over the floor. The guy looks up at me and says "oops, guess we should get going, bye!" as he walks away.

At that point all I could do was sit there like this ---->>> :yikes:
That guy is so lucky I was not walking the pittie. I would have kicked his dog square in the stomach and then turned around and given him a talking to he wouldn't soon forget. What an absolute and utter a-hole.

The lady sounds like an ignorant idiot, too.

People like that make me want to :wall:

Teal

...ice road...
That guy is so lucky I was not walking the pittie. I would have kicked his dog square in the stomach and then turned around and given him a talking to he wouldn't soon forget. What an absolute and utter a-hole.

The lady sounds like an ignorant idiot, too.

People like that make me want to :wall:

You and me both! Loose dogs never even get NEAR my dogs - They meet my BOOTS first!

What an arrogant piece of work! And that woman... uneducated, perpetuating stereotypes... UGH!

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
That guys attitude is how 99% of people around here seem to feel about their dogs. :/ This is also the reason my dogs don't get many leash walks, especially now that the weather is getting nicer everyone just lets their dogs roam (it's a small town so it's okay y'know /facepalm). And the lady perpetuating incorrect stereotypes just adds so much more wrongness. People fail.

RD

Are you dead yet?

You and me both! Loose dogs never even get NEAR my dogs - They meet my BOOTS first!
Same here. Better safe than sorry, I'd rather some jackass learn his lesson about keeping his dog on a leash than my dog learn a "lesson" that loose dogs = pain and fear.

In most cases the loose dog is lucky that it gets my boots before it slams into my dog. My dog isn't as nice as I am.

That guy sounds like such a dickhole. Seriously. wtf.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye

Loose dogs never even get NEAR my dogs - They meet my BOOTS first!
This, too. ^ I used to feel guilty about it. I don't anymore. After Millie got attacked I don't care. Same goes for Fable. I'm working on bringing her up the most stable, confident dog I can. I'll be damned before I let a loose, out of control dog ruin that.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
GAH!! People just tick me off, especially that woman. Since I own a Bully breed now I am very sensative to what people say about that breed and I won't hold back what I say back either.

And I have no problem kicking a loose dog when it gets in my dogs faces. Teagan was attacked a few years and Im not holding back anymore, plus I think kicking a dog away is safer than letting it get eaten by Teagan or Mitsu.

Members online

No members online now.