Rain, rain, rain, and doggie paws...

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Well, the first of the cold weather *finally* got here. It's in the 40s and raining outside. And that means muddy dogprints everywhere. When Zeus went outside, I decided to lay a towel down in front of the door and get a few damp rags ready. When Zeus came inside, I would stop him on the towel and wipe his feet with the rags. That was the theory....

Now for reality. Zeus was extremely hyper and came barreling through the door as soon as I opened it. I realized that I forgot to put his collar on. I said "Zeus, wait!" and grabbed him by the scruff of the neck. Big mistake. Zeus felt the grab and decided I had come to kill him. He flung himself onto his back, yowling and squealing like I was beating him to death. He was squirming and kicking, and big gobs of mud were flying off his feet (note: I wasn't even holding him at this point). I was covered with mud, and there was mud all over the walls, the couch, etc.! When the dumb dog realized that I wasn't doing a thing to him, he then proceeded to leap to his feet and do victory laps round the living room. Of course, he left a sea of footprints everwhere. I spent the next hour scrubbing mud.

*Sigh* The next time it rains, I swear I'm just going to make him pee on some newspaper.

filarotten

Fila the love
Oh how funny, not for you, but cute story. I am still waiting for a cold snap to get down here. Of course then mine will all be hyper. Poor Zeus heheheh....he just wanted to play. How are Zeus ears doing?

corsomom

That was a funny story,but I know how you feel,with 3 dogs I am constantly scrubbing muddy floors not to mension all the doggy drool! the bootys sound lika a great idea,never thought of that.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
filarotten said:
Oh how funny, not for you, but cute story. I am still waiting for a cold snap to get down here. Of course then mine will all be hyper. Poor Zeus heheheh....he just wanted to play. How are Zeus ears doing?
He's going to the vet on Saturday. I hope everything will be all right.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Oh gem, I can only vision that. I bring mine in through my sliding glass door off my kitchen and have gates up, so the dogs know when the gates are up they are grounded to the kitchen until they dry off and are clean. Nothing worse that the smell of WET DOG :(. Give that big hunk of loving dog a hug for me

Debi

just heard our weather..our cold/rain hits by morning tomorrow here....yep, here comes the MUD! I'm ready this time. I washed the doggie towels and have them folded by the back door. the cream colored area rug that drove me bonkers is picked up and hiding in the storage closet until AFTER mud season. (snow isn't as bad) I have the mop on stand-by. now all I have to do is find my patience.

bubbatd

When it really gets bad, I can bring dogs into garage from outside and then into kitchen. Of course I go through many messes until I do this !!! I call that my DUH! time.

filarotten

Fila the love
Isn't amazing the things we do for our dogs? I am such good friends with the mop and broom. The girls would wait patiently in the laundy room to get their feet dried off before entering the breakfast area. But since Brutus, well lets just say everyday his feet get bigger and he wants to play. He slid across the floor the other day and all fours went in opposite directions. The look on his face was priceless. The mopping I had to do was a credit card commercial. oh well he is still just a puppy and he will learn. But I wouldn't have it anyother way. Love my mutts. Just wondering what winter will be like. Rain, Rain and more Rain lol I must put baby gate on my list for Brutus. I do like the boot idea but that is twelve feet to undo and put on. Guess I will stick with the towel on the floor and towel on the feet.

bubbatd

I agree !! I think the booties would take more time than the wipe ups... Kids : noses Dogs : feet ...........but they don't talk back at you !

That cracked me up! I use an aireal dog run so I use the cable to stop the dog just inside the door before they reach the carpet.

Fran27

Lol poor Gempress. It started raining just when the boys were outside this morning, but the floor is due for a wash this week end anyway so I said whatever...

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm in the club. I just finished washing the towels to get ready for heavy rains tonight and rain for the next 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a house of mud here too. They have to exit and enter through my sliding door and that room becomes a mess. I'm not looking forward to this as mom seems to be the one who has to do the cleaning (feet & floor).

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I think I'm going to cry.

It's still raining over here. Our yard is just a field of mud. And the rain is making all my animals hyper. And since we have an open floor plan with our living areas, I can't put up baby gates or close doors to limit access.

Zeus came careening through the door this morning with mud literally up to his neck. He must have been digging. I tried to tackle him (literally) and missed. He went on a merry dash 'round the living room, playing with the cat. He had suddenly become deaf, and refused to listen to me. Life's a game, right? The cat chased Zeus through the open bedroom door, since I was stupid and hadn't closed it. The two of them knocked over the laundry basket and trampled the clothes; then raced over the bed! My comforter is WHITE! And Zeus isn't even allowed on the bed!

And mind you, this is 10 minutes before I have to leave for work....

I finally tackled Zeus and wrestled him into the bathtub. He decided that he wanted to play, and started jumping and bouncing in the tub. My cat didn't make matters any easier. The evil kitty was just as hyper, and sat next to the tub and kept whacking at Zeus' tail every time it went flying his direction. I got Zeus clean, but had to change clothes.

There is nasty red mud EVERYWHERE. All over the living room, the beautiful forest green carpet in the bedroom, the laundry, and in big footprints all over our bed. And my bathroom looks horrible. Muddy water in big puddles, like a swamp.

God, I do NOT want to go home. I know what waits for me to be cleaned. I just hope this awful red mud will come out.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Gem, you are having a heck of a time, is there a garage you can bring Zeus in from. He sounds like a kid in a toy store bouncing from here to there.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Nope, no garage. We live in a townhouse with a yard. And to think, I used to love the open floor plan. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it'll hopefully get better when he gets a little older. I guess he still has a lot of puppy in him.

Members online

No members online now.