Raw feeders - do you give a vitamin?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Katie I would not worry about that. It sounds like your doing the best you can and thats enough varity for him :)

EDIT:: If you can ever find some beef stew pieces from the supermarket on sale you could give him that. Thats what I do. Its better than nothing :)

kady05

I have always given fish oil & vitamin E, and have continued doing so even after I switched to raw (Sako is my only one that is still on kibble). I give Piper a probiotic too, but I had started that before I switched her to raw due to her stomach issues, and figured it couldn't hurt to keep her on it. Not sure if I'll continue it once it's gone though.

I do worry that they aren't get enough "stuff" though.. although I do feed a good variety. Wilson is still eating just chicken, since I just switched him last weekend. But Piper gets quarters, turkey necks, beef, pork, eggs, and now that I just got a ton of venison for free, that too. I don't feed any grass fed meat though.. too expensive!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
elegy, haretoday.com is based out of PA, might be something to look into for variety, as they allow pickups, so you wouldn't have to pay shipping. They have some of everything.

elegy

overdogged
They are on the other side of the state and $$$. I've looked at their stuff. I believe Pamela Dennison gets her bulk chicken from somewhere in Lancaster, which would be more practical, but chicken is not what I need. Though if I can get it for half the price of what I'm paying now, it'd help me be able to afford more of the other types of meat.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I'm not sure if there is one in your area but a raw co-op is what we use around here for variety and wow some of the deals are just amazing. Ostrich, llama, the lesser cuts of venison, elk, buffalo, lamb and pretty much anything else that wanders. There are day old dairy bull calves in spring, goat kids, rabbit culls, and much to my surprise pretty much however you need it.

My favorite raw places will mince 10lb chubs of whole rabbit (sans the fur) for Mr Bodie, grind or mince the old hens that campbell soup doesn't take, and clean and quarter out calves for me.

The hard find used to be fish. It got much easier after I got into smelting on my own which is just an awesome oily fish that my dogs just love half frozen. It's usually a little over $1 a lb retail.

http://www.dogaware.com/diet/rawgroups.html

Members online

No members online now.