Django update:)

Kayla

Django is such a funny little guy and since I've had him now for 6 months I thought I'd share a little update. I wish I had pictures, but he used my camera as a chew toy the first month after I adopted him, when I hadn't yet realized x-pens would be a great idea.

He's is the funniest and wierdest dog I have ever lived with, and his favourite activity at home is to roll around on the couch on his back making yodeling noises...seriously dominant or what eh? (Lol just joking) He will yodel for upwards of 10 miniutes it's the oddest thing ever!

He is becoming more and more zen each day on walks, and his reactivity is slowly becoming something he can recover from quicker and quicker. Today I took a lou day off work, and while walking with Duke and Dj, someone's friendly great dane walked up to us, off of his/her front porch. Duke was attacked by a great dane once at a dog park but he just offered his look at that behaviour, as always being a great role model for Dj. I started feeding Dj and Duke and just kept walking at which point the great dane stopped following us.

Dj didn't even get his hackles up and a moment later when another dog with it's owner walked past us he also remained under threashold it was great!

He is still so shy and the odd time I've become frusterated around him, he instantly hits the deck and slinks away, it breaks my heart. So I really make a concious effort to always watch my tone of voice around him.

His response has changed alot to training scenerio's and he sits happily now with his ears perked up, instead of cowering. We took a agility foundation class togther and he had a blast and I hope to make some equipment to practice more routinely out back as I cant afford the gas right now to travel to the location where I want to take lessons.

He gets along so well with Duke, it's so cool to see, he likes to chew on Duke's neck when sleeping next to him, which Duke ignores. His energy levels are significantly high, so I just try and take it one day at a time.

Anyways these are old pictures but there all I have right now.

Members online