Two new Bettas!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I am totally addicted. Went in to Petsmart the other night to get another frog and some kitten toys and what do I come out with instead? Another tank, some plants, some gravel, and two new Bettas. :eek: I had to stop by Walmart to get yet another tank yesterday, but now they are all settled in and doing fabulous. The new boy even blew me a bubble nest today, of which he is quite proud of.

So I now have Sin, Maria, Luna, and Gabranth! (Yes, I have a Final Fantasy theme going.)

I've had Sin for a few months now, after my boy Draco died of dropsy. The first picture was taken shortly after I got him - the rest were taken today. I can't believe how well his color has turned out. He used to be very shy, too, but now he'll come up to the glass when he sees me walk by and doesn't shy away at hands anymore (I was sticking my entire arm into his tank rearranging things yesterday and he thought it was great fun lol). Sorry these pictures are bad - my camera hates Sin.

My sister bought Maria when I bought Draco, so we've had her since January, I think. She has almost doubled in size since we got her and her coloring has really come in as well. She's a gorgeous girl now and she loves to play in the filter current and rest in her plant:

This is my new boy, Gabranth. I don't know much about him yet, but he seems very calm and self assured. He flares easily, too, which is a big change from Sin. He's already attacked his reflection twice today. And he is BIG.

If you've ever seen Doctor Who, then you will know what I mean when I say he looks like an Ood in this picture ROFL:

And this is the other new fish that my sister picked out, the lovely girl Yuna. My camera hates her as well and she wasn't a very willing focus, so these were the only good pictures I got of her, but she is stunning:

I <3 Bettas. :0)

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
They are really pretty :)

Im pretty cluless about fish, but.. Can you keep two bettas in one tank? Ive head that you cant.

B

Blue_Dog

All of them are stunning!

babymomma: No male bettas cannot be kept together. Female bettas can be kept together but it is a tricky process to do it right and sometimes if they aren't watched closely then there can be problems. Females can be just as aggressive as males.

*blackrose

Omg you have a betta named Gabranth! I love you. :D
I was trying to figure out a name and was randomally going through the characters I know. "Barret...no...Nanaki...no...Kefka...no...Kadage...no...Reno...no...Waaka...no...Gabranth! Perfect!" :D

Im pretty cluless about fish, but.. Can you keep two bettas in one tank? Ive head that you cant.
As someone said earlier, nope, you can't. All of mine are in seperate tanks, although I have matching tanks for Maria and Gabranth since they are both on my desk and I wanted some uniformity. LOL You can keep females together in a large (20+gallon), heavily planted tank, but it is risky. From the research I've done, you need at least six (although more is better) to spread out the aggression and they all most have enough room and hidey places for their own territories. Bitch fights abound and there is normally an established pecking order with the girls running around in posse's attempting to overthrow one another. Typical highschool drama. I'm thinking about attempting a sorority tank when my 20gal is free, but I haven't decided yet. I don't know what I'd do if they were intent on killing each other and had to be seperated.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Awww Gabranth does look like an Ood :p

Not much for store fish, but they sure are pretty and really colorful too!

P.S. Iz addicted to Doctor Who

*blackrose

P.S. Iz addicted to Doctor Who
Me too! :D I have the first four seasons on DVD...have you seen any new episodes with the new Doctor yet? If so, do you like him? I want to order the 5th season when it comes out on DVD, but I think I'm going to miss David. :(

Members online

No members online now.