The Venting Thread

I'd like to, for the first time, throw my hat into the, albeit superficial, complaint ring. A dude knocked on our door FOUR SEPARATE TIMES in the span of two hours tonight. Four times. We live in the heart of the suburbs so we don't answer the door when we're not expecting any one. Solicitors out the ass out here. So, both cars are home, you can see the TV on from the front windows, dogs barked and I tell them to stop, etc. The first two timess I'm not all that bothered by. Guy is doing a job and two times makes sense even though we're obviously just not answering. Then the third happens and my boyfriend looks out the window and says "It's.. it's the same guy." and I, in exasperation, replied "Well if he comes back one more time I'll go out there" thinking no one does that four times.

HE CAME BACK. No one was dead, no one is suing me, no one has free kittens. He was selling f'ing AT&T. Going to plaster the yard in no solicitors signs tomorrow.

Picklepaige

I KNEW he would do something like this eventually, he is freaking CRAZY. He did it because he thinks the government is after him because they didn't believe him when he said the hospital here was illegally harvesting and selling organs.

Sillysally, they've released a name and where they found him, and yup, most certainly my uncle.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh. My. Freaking. God.

The guy who sent those ricin letters to government officials is my MOTHERF**CKING UNCLE.
I KNEW he would do something like this eventually, he is freaking CRAZY. He did it because he thinks the government is after him because they didn't believe him when he said the hospital here was illegally harvesting and selling organs.

Sillysally, they've released a name and where they found him, and yup, most certainly my uncle.
Dude. :yikes:
(((((HUGS)))))

SaraB

Questioning if I'm on the right career path, struggling because of a hard night and just kind of want to crawl into a hole.

Please just let it be PMS?

Saeleofu

When a post office is 24-hour self-service, they should allow you to freaking drop packages off at night! What's the point in printing a shipping label at 10pm if I can't put the package in the drop box then?

Picklepaige

Ugh, we're already getting bombarded by media. CNN, FOX, New York Times, and every other major news source keep wanting to interview us. We're staying silent.

And people keep confusing my dad with my uncle, since they share a last name and are both Elvis impersonators. This isn't fun :(

Really??

I have no patience whatsoever for liars, drama queens, thieves, or dog dumpers...roll them all in to one, and you have Karla on overload. I have come to the conclusion that this big ol globe we live on is actually a tiny little petri dish and we are all related. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it's not.

I will post this as clear and concise as I can:

*You were not stolen from. In fact, it seems like it was our friend that you stole from.

*You were not bad-mouthed (until now)

*You were not being 'left out of the loop' about the dog you got rid of. He has been with me 3 weeks as of tomorrow, and I had NO CLUE until someone from the middle of the country sent me a message asking if the dog that RAN OUT IN FRONT OF MY CAR during rush hour traffic (after being loose for at least a week) was the one you were peddling close to 2.5 years ago.

*Consider the dog food I bought YOUR dog, the vet bills our other volunteer paid for YOUR dog, and the rides I gave you payment for your missing collar and leash.

*Vyse is FINE, no thanks to you. Horrible allergies, cheap dog food, and no vet care have created a lovely skin mess that is CONSTANTLY angry and itchy, but we will clean up this mess...not for you, but for HIM.

Ok, vent over and that's the last you will hear from me on the issue.

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you here.

Saeleofu

Have a random vent that you need to get out, but it isn't worth its own thread? Post it here.
My vent is that if you have a vent that is going to take up multiple pages and span multiple days, and maybe even draw in new members who may or may not stick around to actually become part of the community, PLEASE give it its own thread. PLEASE.

Point taken, Saeleofu. I just had a bit of time to stew while waiting for forum access. Bottomline here is that all is well, and I'm kinda pleased that the issue led me to this forum.

Karla

noludoru

Bored Now.
I have no patience whatsoever for liars, drama queens, thieves, or dog dumpers...roll them all in to one, and you have Karla on overload. I have come to the conclusion that this big ol globe we live on is actually a tiny little petri dish and we are all related. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it's not.

I will post this as clear and concise as I can:

*You were not stolen from. In fact, it seems like it was our friend that you stole from.

*You were not bad-mouthed (until now)

*You were not being 'left out of the loop' about the dog you got rid of. He has been with me 3 weeks as of tomorrow, and I had NO CLUE until someone from the middle of the country sent me a message asking if the dog that RAN OUT IN FRONT OF MY CAR during rush hour traffic (after being loose for at least a week) was the one you were peddling close to 2.5 years ago.

*Consider the dog food I bought YOUR dog, the vet bills our other volunteer paid for YOUR dog, and the rides I gave you payment for your missing collar and leash.

*Vyse is FINE, no thanks to you. Horrible allergies, cheap dog food, and no vet care have created a lovely skin mess that is CONSTANTLY angry and itchy, but we will clean up this mess...not for you, but for HIM.

Ok, vent over and that's the last you will hear from me on the issue.

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you here.
Welcome to chaz. One of the things you'll find out if you stick around is that the truth always comes out on this forum.

Personally, I wouldn't lose sleep over the silly drama. The dog is safe, and loved. That's what matters. I think anyone who has read the last few pages has a pretty good idea of what happened.

My vent is that if you have a vent that is going to take up multiple pages and span multiple days, and maybe even draw in new members who may or may not stick around to actually become part of the community, PLEASE give it its own thread. PLEASE.
This. Please.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Here's my vent....

8pm-1am: I watched the emergency pumps (5hrs)
1am-5am: SO watched the emergency pumps (4hrs)
5am-noon: I have been watching the pumps (7hrs and counting)

Mother-in-law is coming over and bringing us food. SO will probably be a lazyass and eat his food, putz around, etc. while I watch the friggin' pumps. He will also probably go to work today at 5pm, which leaves me with another potential 9 hours of watching the pumps.

I took the day off to watch the pumps. I will most likely have to take tomorrow off to handle cleanup. But does he take time off? No. Supposedly his employer is really strict about taking unscheduled time off, but let's get real here... the house is FLOODING. What kind of POS employer really says, "Sorry dude, I know your house is flooding and all, but you need to come to work."

ARRRGGGHHHH. I'm probably just grouchy because I'm tired and hungry and cold and my back hurts, but COME ON.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I hate rain. Rain sucks. My shoes are soaked through and my pants are soaked up to my knees. There are 3" puddles everywhere on campus, so I had no choice but to wade through a few...

Ew. I'm wet, and I don't like it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm about ready to turn on some Christmas music and bake cookies. It looks and feels like December outside. :( Normally this would be great, but... it's freaking April. And I just really want to get outside and DO STUFF.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm having a great hair day but am supposed to go to the gym..which in turn will ruin my great hair day.

dilemas.

SaraB

I'm about ready to turn on some Christmas music and bake cookies. It looks and feels like December outside. :( Normally this would be great, but... it's freaking April. And I just really want to get outside and DO STUFF.
This. So much this. I want sun, I want grass, I want warmth.

Members online

No members online now.